How some San Diegans (including the author) paid their way out of sleep-depriving debt.
- ARE GAYS FIGHTING THE RIGHT FIGHT FOR MARRIAGE RIGHTS?
- Glenn Cashman Quartet at Jazz Live
- Hash House a Go Go: the Voice of Dissent
- The Bass Man Speaks: Greg Wills Can Do Everything, Everything That Is Except Play Bass
- Two Charged with Fraudulent Wheelchair Medicare Claims
- Watch Martin Scorsese's Latest Masterwork on The Big Screen
- KATA Kickstarts Debut Double LP
- Eight Individuals Charged in Customs Fraud
- Video of Killer Whale Holding Sea World Trainer Underwater Finally Surfaces
- Fashion & Film Festival
- Remember The Pain Of Our Heroes
- Giants Ensure Padres Series Win Streak Over
- Density Increase Planned For North Park: Thousands of Single-Family Homes Will Vanish
- What Remains
- UCSD Health System Among Nation's "Most Wired"
- Next Big Thing Coming to Normal Heights
- Overheard at the La Jolla Screening for The Queen of Versailles
- The Impossible Dream Team
- Records Show Cable TV Employees Pour Big Money into Council and Mayoral Campaigns
- Cosmic Gay Rays?
- Delicias' New Menu: First Course
- Oceanside International Film Festival Hosts Military-Themed Preview Party
- Drunk Rescued, Arrested on Hiking Trail
- Enoteca But Nice: Focaccia on J Street
News & Stories
An estimated 50 people showed up in front of the downtown Federal Courthouse on Wednesday, July 25, to protest the closing of medical marijuana dispensaries countywide. The rally, held at noon, was directed against federal ...
Jammingout.net will help you find a jam session to sit in on anywhere you travel. First, though, the designers need $25,000 to $250,000 to finish the website.
Stick Figure launches their full-length Burial Ground at 710 Beach Club on July 28. “We’ll have some limited-edition T-shirts,” says Scott Woodruff, who recorded the album with reggae singer Half Pint and longtime musical co-conspirator ...
Go gobble on the mountain — a revisit to Julian’s Bailey Wood Pit Barbeque.
Interview with Steph Johnson, making strides on the jazz front after dumping the funk and R&B.
I’ve got drugs on the brain, mostly because of my current surroundings. I’m on the island of Martha’s Vineyard, to attend my man’s annual photographic art exhibition at the Granary Gallery and visit my in-laws, ...
View the somewhat rare Englemann live oaks from a relatively secluded trail.
If Burning of Rome’s September CD release doesn’t go big, will they have to return to their day jobs?
Lucy Michelle and the Velvet Lapelles started out their career playing for spare change on the University of Minnesota campus, and — in a move that is exceedingly rare among college-campus buskers — they soon ...
Eric Wayne Thorsgard was in the worst possible situation. He was taken into custody, accused of beating up somebody in the alley outside a biker bar in Oceanside. That wasn’t the worst part. Eric is ...
Fourth District San Diego councilman Tony Young caused a disgruntled stir in some quarters when word got around city hall in late June that he was taking the month of July off to attend a ...
‘Face painting gets a bad rap,” said Megan Norgan of the Rosy Glow Paint Co. (858-633-ROSY; rosyglowpaintco.com). “People think it has that carny feel or that it’s cookie-cutter. But my aim is to show it ...
The Catedral de Nuesta Señora de Guadalupe (Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe) in downtown Tijuana was bestowed historical monument status on Sunday, July 23. Construction of the church, located on the corner of Niños ...
California State Assembly Bill x1 29 calls for an annual “fire prevention benefit fee” of up to $150 per “habitable structure.”
If there were any uncertainties about Bill Horn’s intention to run for reelection yet again in 2014, the incumbent GOP county supervisor dispelled them on July 4 by signing a “candidate intention statement” he filed ...
What does San Diego get out of the Sacramento-based League of California Cities?
It’d be a stretch, but you could say that Dead Feather Moon started in an Escondido high school. “That’s where I met two of the guys who are in the band,” says Justen Berge, who ...
What are you reading? “Keep the Aspidistra Flying, by George Orwell. It’s a novel set in 1930s London, and it follows mostly the interior life and misadventures of Gordon Comstock, a former copywriter turned poet/bookstore ...
Grow, glow, and go at Prince Chapel by the Sea African Methodist Episcopal Church.
Before the final night hits us Let’s examine the spots on the wall: Some resemble plants And others mythological creatures. Hippogryphs, dragons, salamanders. But those that resemble atomic explosions Are the strangest of them all. ...
Title: I Have A Voice Too Address: ihaveavoicetoo.com Author: Matthew Melao From: Santee Blogging since: March 2012 Post Title: A Slow-Moving Meditation Post Date: June 23, 2012 The best way to explore a city is ...
Confusion Junction I’m calling in reference to “That Could Never Happen to Me” (July 19 cover story). I was kind of disappointed. I love your stories; you do good work. But with this one here, ...