San Diego’s ethnic populations are segregated, for better and worse.
- We Got the Con Part 2: More Comic-Related Music Events This Week
- Now Open: Village Vino in Kensington
- Temporarily Postponed: Tommy Pastrami
- 20 Migrants Detained After Landing in Carlsbad
- Lieutenant Facemelter: Major Air-Shredder
- Fast Food? How About Fast Wine?
- Urbn Pizza. Yes, that's Urban without an A
- Odds Padres Will Win World Series, 400-1, Better Than Some
- Dance No More: Bar Leucadian
- Gelato Vero Caffe
- Mark Winkler at Jazz Live
- Brave: It Begins
- Welcome to Comic-Con!
- Lack of Worker Protections, Possible Oversight Panel for San Onofre
- San Diego Roads More Congested Than Before
- A busy wednesday
- A Closer Look at the Synopsis for Pacific Rim
- Jerry Lewis to Judge American Idol?!
- Court To Consider Risk of Terrorist Attacks In Litigation Over Navy Broadway Complex
- Nonprofit Brings Gift of Corrective Surgeries
- Act One
- An Impromptu Happy Hour at Katsuya
- Biggest Movie Event of the Weekend Has Nothing to Do With Comic-Con
- Zombie Apocalypse on Friday the Thirteenth!
- Star Wars Night
- San Bernardino Council Votes for Bankruptcy
- Marines Institute "Ethics Stand-Down"
- It's Sink or Swim Time For East of Sweden
News & Stories
Southwestern College has gone through a series of upheavals in the past few years and is still the subject of a San Diego County district attorney investigation. Southwestern’s former vice president of business and finance, ...
Jeff Kaiser played trumpet and guitar in the Presbyterian Church before becoming a minister. Now he makes computer-accentuated music that sounds satanic at times.
Chinese breakfast at Chin’s Seafood & Grill, in Miramar’s Holiday Inn.
Rapper/songstress believes wasting time is ancestral treason. She also has a mean Scrabble game.
Napizza arrives from Rome. “Slow is our thing. With yeast, more time equals more flavor.”
In Retromania: Pop Culture’s Addiction to Its Own Past, music critic Simon Reynolds writes, “When I look back at the development of pop and rock during my lifetime...what perplexes me is the slow but steady ...
It was an odd time and place for us to be having breakfast. Our norm is Greek honey yogurt with blueberries, sliced banana, and crushed almonds at around 9 a.m. But because of a particularly ...
Hike over rolling hills and through oak woodlands, wildflower fields, and seasonal wetlands.
Thursday 12Musical migration. The Bubu king, Janka Nabay, and his Bubu Gang will grace the stage at Bar Pink. Bubu is a traditional folk music of Sierra Leone in West Africa. Once the sound of ...
Dogs in San Diego County are at great risk of rattlesnake bites. Have them trained not to be.
Bar Leucadian gets its music permit revoked due to cocaine sales on the premises.
San Diego Democratic congressman Bob Filner, in a hurry to close out his old House campaign finance account so he can get on with his run for mayor against GOP city councilman Carl DeMaio, may ...
Chef James Clark hit it off with Ingrid Croce. His roasted chicken recipe is in their soon-to-be-published cookbook.
During Comic-Con’s July 11-15 run, music-related events will be held all around town. Here’s a list.
A family-oriented “bike-a-thon” began in sun-drenched downtown Tijuana on the morning of Sunday, July 8. The Tijuana fire department organized the ride to raise about $100,000 for the purchase of new fire-fighting equipment. Tijuanenses of ...
The proposal period has closed over at the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority for “Seasonal Decorations” at Lindbergh Field. Without specifying which holidays are to be commemorated, the authority asked for “Professional Seasonal Decoration ...
While leafing through my latest issue of Vanity Fair, I sometimes think that for fashion models and celebrities the body is something they wear, as most of us wear a cocktail dress or tux. Their ...
San Diego State University–run and taxpayer-subsidized public television and radio operation KPBS, troubled of late by severe money woes, is looking to hire yet another fundraiser, this one a hard-charging corporate rainmaker to sell advertising ...
Three years after San Diego’s free-speech fight began, vigilantes stood at the ready.
Pastor Carl Baker worries that churches are “giving up their biblical values for political correctness.”
Before she came we walked for peace, we picked up trash in parks and won awards. Our troop was number one in candy sales. We cooked for homeless families and served them soup. And then ...
Disgraceful x2 I wanted to make a comment about the cover of the Reader for June 28 (“Year-Round Santa”). There are children that see these pictures that would be absolutely traumatized if they saw that ...