Content for Wednesday, December 26, 2012
- Wobble: New Years Eve with the Plump DJs
- North Bark
- Producer of the failed horse show, Valitar, slapped with more lawsuits
- San Diego Street Style: Best of 2012
- Introducing Bob Filner, stand-up guy
- North County NYE at Stone Brewing
- Clayton's delivers: Coronado's morning-after comfort food
- Baja & Border News Translations: Pollution Red Alert; Firefighters Answer 45 Calls During Holidays
- New bike lane on Nimitz in Ocean Beach
- Tijuana misdemeanor detainees released on Christmas Eve
- Incompetent at his own incompetence, Turner proves unable to lose to Jets
- Baja & Border News Translations: Police Arrest Pair of Shoplifters; Temporary Shelter has Opened 4 Times
- Spokesman for Seuss, Inc. outlines plans for upcoming projects
- O Durning, Where Art Thou?
- An "Unforgettable" outtake
- Baja & Border News Translations: Township Controls Use of Official Vehicles; Few Traffic Problems at Christmas
- Fore!Ward thinking? City proceeds with expensive overhaul of Balboa Park Golf Course
- Baja & Border News Translations: Reckless Driver Only Ticketed; City Official Rants at Rosarito Treasurer
- Daughter of the Regiment and onomatopoeia
- Christmas shooting in Lemon Grove
- Port Brewing calls Board Meeting
- San Diego mayor takes to L.A. public radio to blast Obama and Congress
- Best San Diego Events: December 27-January 2
- Housing: SD beats other metro areas
- The Holiday season in Mexico
- November Blog Winners Announced Amid a Flurry of Controversy
News & Stories
“Right now, I’m talking to 12 guys"
“I never thought I would actually meet someone I’d want to marry from one of these sites.”
Stephen King did it?
On Christmas Eve, I stumbled upon this van (pictured) on Newport Avenue, parked on Newport Avenue in Ocean Beach. The website “www.LennonMurderTruth, com” was written loud and clear on both sides of the van; and ...
A nonstop joke machine (Billy Crystal) and his equally overbearing wife (Bette Midler) are forced to spend time with their work-obsessed daughter (Marisa Tomei), son-in-law (Tom Everett Scott), and a trio of estranged grandchildren, all ...
An urban park opens to a natural, semi-wild area with a creek and a dense riparian forest. No virgin forest, but there's shade in Buena Vista Park.
When I tell friends I don’t “do” Christmas in the traditional gift-exchange sense, the most common reaction is, “How do you get away with that?” They never ask why — they just want to know ...
Interview with Pastor Aaron Boehm
Charcoal House Restaurant in La Mesa offers the Wrinkle Room, full of cougars and saber-toothed tigers.
Americana popsters the Midwinters will drop their sophomore EP All There Is on January 7. Two preview tracks are streaming online and available as free downloads: “Resign” and “Gets You By.” According to singer/guitarist Paul ...
There were more new brewery openings than there were months in 2012, and the field is as varied as it is extensive, ranging from veteran brewers looking to challenge the big boys to guys with ...
Rosie Flores apologizes for not making her scheduled gig at Queen Bee’s last year, but she got a counteroffer to play with Chuck Berry at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Indie electro-pop duo Claudeo recently returned from their first U.S. tour.
Jessica Crosby’s YouTube music video of her doing a cover version of “Cups” from the film Pitch Perfect.
End times edition
End-of-the-world sports wrap-up, giving a final tip of the hat to the biggest sports stories Earth has ever known.
THE YEAR IN REVIEW. The world’s most anticipated drama — its end — came and didn’t. Advocates of the apocalypse are probably scrambling for a new Day of Doom so they won’t have to face ...
A list of things to do over the holidays in San Diego.
“Viejas Outlet Center has the largest outdoor skating rink in Southern California.”
We pause now at year’s end for a visit with some old friends: the B-Side Players. A trusty bunch of local loyalists, the Players have been a part of the hometown music scene for years. ...
“When people ask what my favorite decade is, my answer is ‘Now.’”
Are you tired of sluggish economic growth? Well, you could live in Europe, which is in a recession, or Japan, which has been struggling since 1989. Local economists look for slow growth in the United ...
"If I could tell you there was going to be a restaurant there, or an art gallery, an office, or a bank — I would. I will tell you there is no definite plan for ...
Border Moguls I was reading your Neighborhood News article, “Border Bounty: Federal government settles border land lawsuit with county and state,” concerning Border Field State Park. That land that they’re disputing — in 1984 I ...
Name: Verna Clark Car: 2005 Chevy Cavalier What do you like about your car? It gets good gas mileage. Is there anything you don’t like about it? It’s kind of a piece of junk, but ...
Ring out, wild bells, to the wild sky, The flying cloud, the frosty light: The year is dying in the night; Ring out, wild bells, and let him die. Ring out the old, ring in ...
Imperial Beach blogger says she loves taking a stroll down everyone’s crazy block.