Author John Brizzolara interviews thrift-store magnate Jeff Clark.
- Castellanos, Zollar, Kuzma, Moore: Night of the Cookers
- Subs by Any Other Name
- Three U.S. Gang Members Picked Up in Mexicali
- Ethics are in the eyes of the beholder
- Downtown San Diego Partnership Pushes For Renewal of Assessment District
- Border Environmental Pact Signed
- Prop 34, Anti-Death Penalty Measure, Continues to Pick Up Big La Jolla and L.A. Crime TV Money
- Ohlendorf Hurls Six and Padres Post Seven To Beat Cubs
- Caterer Nailed for Tax Evasion
- A Second Look at the Trailer for This is 40: Watch out, Leslie Mann!
- Black Lips rock too hard for Hard Rock Hotel
- Your Week: August 9-15
- San Diego 13th in Nation for Musicians and Music Industry
- Woman Said Border Patrol Agent “Sucker Punched Me”
- Face of Another: DJ ill spectre and Marilia Maschion A/V Mix
- Post-view: Zoot Suit
- Bob Hoskins Has Parkinson's, Is Retiring
- When I Met Robin Henkel
- OMG Report: This is 40.
- The Lobby Art So Nice, We Posted it Twice!
- A Heated Triple Threat Sushi Challenge
- Lemon Festival
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission Halts All Licensing Decisions
- Gaslamp's Spider-Man Lobby Display More Impressive Than Reboot
- Birth of a Band Name - How These Locals Got Named (Plus 150 FREE Band Names!)
- Stop the Presses! TJ Draft-Craft-Beer Revolution Coming This Friday
- Drinking Black Tears in TJ
News & Stories
Early morning on August 8, passengers onboard the 35 bus from Old Town to Ocean Beach had an unexpected delay. A woman on the bus decided to smash one of the vehicle’s windows with her ...
When I went to bed Saturday night, I’d almost forgot that my girlfriend had posted a Sunday morning yard sale on Craigslist earlier that week. She wrote that it would start at 9am, which meant ...
Ed Bedford shows up too late for the cow-foot stew at Caribbean Taste Jamaican Restaurant.
“We should make a new drink, the Hangover Prevention.”
Try your luck at the Thai-Lao-Chinese-Vietnamese 777 Noodle House in City Heights.
We had been sitting on the tarmac in Boston for 30 minutes, ostensibly “waiting for catering.” The flight attendants were making their final rounds when the thunderstorm rolled in. By the time the dark cell ...
This challenging hike combines an opportunity to view rare old-growth Tecate cypress trees and a variety of native plant species.
Goodbye doesn’t have to be sad. Sometimes, it’s best to throw a party and make sure your friends get stuffed with food just one more time. That’s what Mickey did. She’s moving to her ancestral ...
“Samson Pedroza packed his bags in the middle of a tour and decided to leave the band,” recalls Canobliss drummer Mike Russo, who says he and three other members of the O.B.-based hard-rock band have ...
The Offspring have been out of the spotlight for several years, but it doesn’t seem that way. Radio support for the best-selling punk band is enduring. “Come Out and Play,” for example, still gets regular ...
Why/how do cats purr?; what’s the origin of “funny bone”? And “moron,” imbecile,” and “idiot”?; what do the numbers mean on top of high-rise helipads?
If you hadn’t heard her music, you would be forgiven for thinking that Jessica Lea Mayfield makes traditional singer-songwriter music, but you would be wrong. Mayfield began her music career at age 8, playing in ...
Thursday 9Few bands in the Woodsist label’s stable roadtrip like namesake band Woods. The Brooklyn quartet’s folk-pop incantations are immediately listenable, engaging even, peeling away like onions on repeat listens and adding just the right ...
Organic foods are about 2 percent of world food sales but are growing at 20 percent annually. They are produced without use of synthetic pesticides, chemical fertilizers, solvents, or additives. Although they may cost at ...
"That’s my story!” whispers Dora Elena Cortés. The newspaper headline on the screen reads “Colosio, Víctima de un Complot.” It’s a tense scene in the movie Colosio — El Asesinato (Colosio — the Assassination). Somebody ...
Before God of Carnage begins at the Old Globe’s White Theatre, Robert Morgan’s set makes a quiet suggestion. Dark objects stand on the perimeter of a circular living room. A small wet bar and sofa ...
The slim, suntanned legs of the woman in front of me in the checkout line fill me with yearning to provide her with health insurance and a sporty little car with personalized plates. The way ...