If you've got a spouse and $5000, you can spend the evening of September 28 with chimp champ Jane Goodall at the bluff-top, oceanfront La Jolla compound of felon/ex-lawyer Bill Lerach that includes "an exclusive ...
- Orca experts debate cause, seriousness of injury to SeaWorld San Diego's Nakai
- Bridgepoint Won't Appeal Accreditation Denial
- Writers at North County Times say their goodbyes before Lynch and Manchester takeover
- Unimagined Unimaginative Love
- 44 years ago this week: Janis Joplin in San Diego
- Ser Humano: art outta El Centro
- Dream Buddies want you, so bad
- Opening this week
- Interview with Solomon Kane writer-director Michael J. Bassett
- Free movies of the week: Educational films 101
- Sanders requests bids for Irwin Jacobs Balboa Park project under legal challenge
- Dodgers Beat Kelly and Padres
- California firefighter ordered to trial on child abuse charges
- Sam Bendrix at the Bon Soir, La Jolla Playhouse
- Sheriff's Department collecting unused prescription meds
- Sevilla celebrating veinticinco años
- Ben Affleck is a "wonder sperm kind of guy"
- Communication failure leads to cancellation of Bilbray-Peters radio debate
- Pannikin La Jolla: Triumph through Patio Superiority
- Baja & Border News Translations: More Teen Pregnancies; Help for Police Officer Sought
- Week 5 Scoreboard
News & Stories
Reggie Vaughn explains the ups and downs of semi-skilled trade work for intellectuals. First, tell me what you do. I work on aircraft carriers, doing maintenance and service work. I’m not supposed to go into ...
What would you think if you looked at your paycheck this week to find that your employer had paid you in Kazakhstani tenges instead of U.S. dollars? Even though tenges are a legitimate currency on ...
After venturing around London, we hopped on a plane for Berlin to continue our European adventure. (To help with the story, here’s a little background on our adventure: My husband just graduated from the University ...
My head was pounding. Fireworks crackled overhead. Hordes jeered, screamed, waved and then broke into joyous whirls of samba. The smell was unbearable, an open sewer ran beside our Sambódromo warm-up lane, and yet thousands ...
Trying to find a parking spot in the Midway District's Loma Square strip mall is difficult even on a good day, with businesses such as Starbucks, Einstein's Bagels, and Jamba Juice occupying storefronts. But there ...
Eighties pop star Adam Ant finally made it to town after his rescheduled February date. Brothers of Brazil played an energetic opening set of Bossa Nova rock and then “Ant music” hit the stage with ...
“It’s very short, as I recall,” said the resident jazz expert in my life, about McCoy Tyner’s piano solo in this half-hour spiritual yearning — recorded in 1965 but not released until 1968, a year ...