Kelly sprints out of the hotel, carrying her luggage. I don’t even recognize her. Kelly (not her real name) was always a beach babe, brown hair with sun-kissed highlights, skinny with curves. This girl running ...
- Baja & Border News Translations: Education Will Integrate Disabled; 250,000 Beneficiaries Have Popular Insurance
- Baja & Border News Translations: Medical Tourism Earns $1 Billion; 4 Fugitives Captured
- The Electric Healing Sound: Woman #3
- Fresca Deli: Crazy for Tostilocos
- Kennedy and Diamondbacks Edge Padres
- A closer look at the trailer for Skyfall
- New study finds San Diego residents are more willing to plan for retirement
- Food dominates
- Cooking mole
- First Friday Films: The Maltese Falcon
- Fall writing conference
- French report on bioengineered foods likely to affect Prop 37 debate
- SD Home Values Rise in August
- First Look: Offbeat Brewing Company
- Prison grads
- Sushi win!
- Interview: Nicholas Jarecki, the man behind Arbitrage
- Clem's Tap House
- Court finds sex offender residency law unreasonable
- Outdoor cafés: Gimme shelter!
News & Stories
Whether it will be used as a traffic route or just a utility road between the old Mexican border station and the new one (now under construction) is open to conjecture, but a new road ...
“I’ve always been a little unorthodox about my drumming.” It’s Pam Delgado, Blame Sally’s singer-percussionist on the phone from San Francisco. “I played the drums so I could sing. I’m a singing drummer.” She mainly ...
Chula Vista’s east side residents pay more school taxes than the west side.
How much does it cost to get a permit to demolish or remodel a house in La Jolla? Plenty, to judge from a recent second-quarter disclosure filed by Peterson and Price, the longtime law and ...
San Diego County is looking for a few 2013 “Ford Fusion ‘S’ I-4 Sedans” — 14 to start with and more to come, according to a recent request for bids by the fleet management division. ...
Like a lot of musicians these days, former Dresden Doll Amanda Palmer decided recently to skip the whole record-company rigmarole and fund her next record through the crowd-funding website Kickstarter. She started out with a ...
I’ve been listening to the jazz pianist Dave McKenna, who died in 2008. He was a lyrical swing artist with some of Bill Evans’s melancholy, though he wasn’t as inventive as Evans and didn’t have ...
On the west side of Chula Vista, passage of Prop E stands to further bisect the community.
— to a neighbor Do they make love better in heaven or is everyone above it all? If God’s presence makes heaven preferable, what do you call it when your beloved looks inside and you ...
Metaphor Cafe closes its doors after an August 26 show , at which police showed up and found minors drinking alcohol.
On any given day, the main route up Cowles Mountain, the highest point in the city of San Diego, is busy. A route with less traffic and easy parking is the Mesa Trail route that ...
Vinyl Warm and Deep The August 30 letter from Jim Earp, headed “Vedder Knew Better,” contains quite a misrepresentation. Talking about recording quality he said, “Local college radio stations that focus on old jazz and ...
An East County woman who may have tried to fake her own death was sentenced September 14 to 18 months in federal prison for her role in smuggling undocumented immigrants through Jacumba Hot Springs. Rebecca ...
When my eyes flutter open each morning I am never aware of what the theme for the day will be. I’m not talking about one story, like the same headline posted by 20 different Facebook ...