San Diego restaurants taste-tested for you. Eats for Freelancers | Spirit of Family Dinnertime | More Than Dish or Deal | Accessible Gourmet | Lunchtime in Kearny Mesa | Fried Chicken | Restaurants to Try At Least Once
- Persistent shoplifter expects three years prison
- Experts dispute each other in DUI manslaughter trial
- National Fingerstyle Guitar Champ Chris Proctor: Oct. 24, @ McCrea Music
- Baja & Border News Translations: 70,000 Breast Exams Completed in Tamaulipas
- What The Note!
- Baja & Border News Translations: Company Donates School Supplies; Scholarships Delivered to Working Mothers
- Baja & Border News Translations: High Wave Warning at BC Coast; 92 Persons Missing in Mexicali in 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations:Two Clandestine Pemex Outlets Found in BC; Free Culinary Arts Instruction Offered for Disabled Youth
- Save Our Wild Cats Before It’s Too Late
- Baja & Border News Translations: Mexican Traffic Police are the Most Corrupt; 8 Hours of Work is More than Sufficient
- Baja & Border News Translations: 5 Accidents Leave 3 Dead and 2 Injured
- Baja & Border News Translations: BC Plate Program Requirements; Congress of Human Resources Management Scheduled in BC
- Moonshake Halloween costume party in Tijuana
- Jung-Ho Pak announces formation of Orchestra Robotica
- Dragon Boat Festival
- Simpsons trivia night
- Election's over - Honey Boo Boo endorses Barack Obama
- Baja race draws entries from across the globe
- Review: Ten reasons not to see The War of the Buttons
- Coach-Provocateur Turner and Philip Rivers perform ritual seppuku following Monday Night Football debacle
- Overheard at AMC Mission Valley
- Live music at old school Comic Fest, Oct. 19 - 21 @ Town and Country Resort
- Enhanced bike parking coming to Downtown
- Meet the band: this is Dive Bomber
- The Dark Knight and Apple Maps
- Sam Raimi and the Raping Tree
- Pak resigns: Orchestra Nova
- Your Week: October 18-24
- GOP Congressman Hunter pays wife from campaign fund
- Public Utilities Commission set to open San Onofre probe
- Rocker helming new Kearny Mesa brewery
- Home prices up again in September, sales volume slows
- Journalist was killed by daughter’s boyfriend
- Baja & Border News Translations: More than 10,000 Visit the SSPM at Tijuana Innovative; Tourism Benefit is 20 Million Pesos this Year
- Baja & Border News Translations: 1.5 Million Mexicans Returned to Mexico from U.S. in 3 Years; Mexico Discards 150,000 Tons of Electronics
- Baja & Border News Translations: City Lighting Repair Ongoing; Suspect Admits Killing of Abel Lopez
- Cymer sells out for big premium
News & Stories
Town and Country Resort and Convention Center hosts a smallish comic convention put on by originators of Comic-Con.
It’s summertime in Seattle and the sun is shining as i cruise lakeside to where the Gaytons meet Leschi Lincoln Park First A.M.E. We gather together to greet the heirs of John Thomas (JT) and ...
Drummer Bill Ray complains about the house electronic drum kit that Viejas’ V Lounge mandates all drummers use. It’s busted, Ray says. No, it’s not, says Viejas.
“I was reading Stephen King and a lot of that kind of stuff at the time, and I wrote a bunch of fiction songs,” Vaden Todd Lewis once told me about a song he wrote ...
This is the age of the rock-star DJ. Where once anonymous technicians lurked behind turntables and electronics, now there are household names (more or less) with trademarked haircuts and masks. These guys (and they are ...
"I’m a comedic singer-songrhymer,” says Rob Deez, “which basically means that I can appeal to many different audiences. The comedic side fits in at comedy shows, the singer side works at coffee shops and bars, ...
Even if it weren’t my job to go out and look for new places to eat, I still wouldn’t be able to eat the same thing over and over again. I rarely visit any place ...
The background photo on my brother’s iPod shows a plate of fried chicken and waffles from Roscoe’s up in Los Angeles. Before dining there, he had never enjoyed the two foods together, and he was ...
You have every right to instantly like WWW when you read their Facebook bio: “Sounds like Elvis on acid buttf!!!ing Brian Wilson in the face.” Then you see the genre listed as “Rolling down a ...
Nowadays, I spend much of my time eating in restaurants or locked up in my office documenting those experiences. But before I wrote my first word about food, most of my time was spent in ...
At midnight, Rufus Porter heard footsteps on the porch, then a knock on his bedroom door. Frightened faces told all.
Zumba classes are more than “Here’s my butt, here’s my butt.”
Places where food is created with care, where the service is warm and welcoming, and where you can relax and reconnect with family and friends.
Every so often I find myself confronted by a seemingly innocuous phrase that rubs me the wrong way. This week, the offending line is “Don’t let it get to you,” a sentiment that simultaneously comforts ...
There are some places that you kinda take to heart. They’re more than the dish or the deal. Something clicks about the people and the place, and you want to come back and be a part of it. These are just some.
I’m just an average guy who likes to eat, cook, and travel. Food is the window through which I see the world. It’s through various cuisines that I learn about history and culture. It’s the ...
Sometime prior to Labor Day weekend (September 1–3), orange safety pylons, connected with yellow caution tape, were placed in the Cardiff Park N Ride lot on Birmingham Drive at I-5. The pylons blocked off 11 ...
This spectacular hike showcases San Diego’s skyline, Coronado, and the bay.
Jouster Jeffrey Hedgecock of Ramona is one of three Medieval armourers in the U.S.
A roundup of eateries that are open when you, the hardworking foodie freelancer, need them to be.
Vokab Kompany and other San Diego bands sign on to do jingles for Metropolitan Transit District.
UCAN director Michael Shames neutered the consumer watchdog organization by skimming over $400,000 in “intervenor fees,” among other dubious tactics.
The voice on the phone warned the woman to watch herself and not to go to sleep at night. The man asked if she had “any last words” and said, “Nobody can help you.” The ...
Interview with Wilbert “Wilk” Miller of First Lutheran Church of San Diego, in its 125th year.