The cultural dichotomy of my neighborhood is one that leaves me with polarized feelings of appreciation and resentment. Though my apartment building is technically located in Talmadge, it has more resemblance to City Heights. For ...
- Dog days and doldrums
- Acquiring Influence: Squish Hop Down Under
- Season Preview: No. 6 Mission Hills Grizzlies
- Missing Jack
- Alt.pictureshows 2012 Tonight at MCASD La Jolla
- Opening This Week
- Amid Padres New Ownership Distractions, Stults Unfazed, Beats Braves
- Mutts of the Planet: Joni Mitchell Tribute @ 98 Bottles, Sept. 1
- UT owner Doug Manchester gives $63,816 to Romney Super PAC bringing total donations to $118,816
- Uh, what's a chimichanga "de Wolberg?"
- Strong Mayor declares August 24, 2012 "CityBeat Day."
- 2016: Obama's America: the President as Prince Hamlet.
- Apple harvest in Julian
- Plumeria Festival
- State Sends "Warning Letter" to Conservative Judicial Candidate After Audit
- Street Style, Encinitas Farmer's Market
- Ballast Point...Beer...Boobs...
- Sweetwater Union High School District Community Meeting Tonight!!
- Padre Activity Leaves Some Optimistic
News & Stories
Summer is a great time to visit New Hampshire. In the spring, there are a lot of biting flies and it rains all the time. But once the warm, dry months of July and August ...
Even though most people have looked for work in recent years, it makes sense that some have no idea where to begin the job search.
Matisyahu's Spark Seeker is not a reggae album. On the first offering from the artist since his break with the Hasidic faith, Matisyahu deftly weaves traditional Hebrew chants and Middle Eastern textures with the ego ...
Following a commendable opening set from Dostoevsky-referencing Ivan & Alyosha, San Diego’s Heavy Guilt took the stage and showcased a bevy of absorbing new material. It was a sickeningly sweaty night at the Casbah that ...
Cairo, Egypt, is a riveting blend of ancient and modern. I was apprehensive traveling here, though, because of reports of lingering unrest in Cairo after the country’s recent revolution. Yet I found the Egyptian people ...
Craig Wayne Hartman, "Tiny,” a Chula Vista High School alum, class of '72, was found dead in the bathroom of the Food 4 Less on Palomar Street in Chula Vista on August 13, apparently stabbed...that ...