U.S. Sand Sculpting Challenge
Presented by The Port of San Diego, this will be the seventh year one of the world’s most prominent sand-sculpting competitions will be held on this built-for-the-occasion beach, with over 300 tons of sand dumped on Broadway Pier.
This invitation-only competition will feature 12 Master Class Sculptors, six from the United States and six from exotic countries around the world, to compete and carve museum-worthy sand sculptures made from only sand and water. These hand-made sculptures can reach up to 15 ft. tall and can weigh over 10,000 lbs. It’s been called the most creative atmosphere in the world and you’ll never see works of art like this anywhere else!
• Sculptures will “light the night” and will be decoratively lit from top of bottom inside the Port Pavilion.
• An exciting category of dimensional (non-sand) art will be announced soon!
• Electronically vote for your favorite sculpture for the People’s Choice Awards from your very own phone.
• Expanded Arts for Learning/ San Diego Kid Zone with rides such as European Bungie, Bubble Fun and FREE arts & crafts.
• Meet professional sand sculpting artists and learn how to build a sandcastle like a professional!
• VIP ticket holders will receive unlimited access to the event all weekend long, special accommodations, free beverages and more.
• Active duty military, EMT’s, fire and police personnel receive FREE admission with valid ID (individual only).