Last night while watching previous episodes of LETTERMAN and CONAN, I came to realize that I hardly watch anything live..

Even Charger games. My friends and I started to delay watching the game until one hour after it started to avoid the MAXIPAD and ED DYSFUNCTION ads that ruin the "flow" (ahem, pun intended) of the game.

Everything else is DVR. In fact, I had to get another DVR at $7.00 more enough so I could split the line and DVR up to four shows at one time. Monday night is the toughest. BIG BANG THEORY, 2 1/2 Men, HOW I MET YOUR MAMA, Dancing with the Stars (Wife's show), Chuck (yeah, so what of it) and Heroes all populate that night. And I think 24 is headed there.

In the old days it must have been hell; and it was. I remember being a kid and watching that old ABC lineup (Happy Days--Lavern Shirley--Three's Company--Vegas) and wondering what my friends were talking about when they talked about other shows that were on against my shows...

So..what about you. If you aren't one of these 'high brow' bloggers (who all hate pop culture anything) and you watch TV..do you watch anything as its actually being aired?

Rob

Comments

PistolPete Jan. 12, 2010 @ 10:23 a.m.

I watch football and news. That's it. And DVRs are for pussies. :-P

RobertScorpio Jan. 12, 2010 @ 12:01 p.m.

So, what if you were at home, and couldn't leave your house, and Two great football games were on at the same time? Do you switch back and forth?

I actually do that. But I have that SCREEN in SCREEN thing where I can monitor both games at the same time...

Rob

PistolPete Jan. 12, 2010 @ 12:36 p.m.

All season long I switch back and forth. 3/4 of a football game is watching Rivers(insert any cocky player here) bitch about something, Merriman acting like a douchebag and LT bruising his pussy. If I really want to check out the ultimate football experience, I pony up the big bucks and go to a sports bar. I do that twice a year. Once for what I feel is the most important Packer game of the season and Super Bowl Sunday.

Braejas Jan. 13, 2010 @ 2:05 a.m.

Ahahaha, You always make me laugh Pistola!! LT will be bruising his finger when he squeezes on that Super Bowl ring after beating the Vikings 27-24!! Your idea of the ultimate football experience is a sports bar??? Pony up the bucks and GO to the game, theres an idea!!Back to your question Scorpio theres no way I can watch a recorded game it has to be live. Ive tried many times when im going to miss a game and everytime I sit to watch, I cant do it. Bottom line you watch to much TV, get out more!!

Shakbo Jan. 13, 2010 @ 2:18 a.m.

Gosh, I hate to say it but I'm one of the 'high brow' bloggers (who all hate pop culture anything)you spoke of in your blog. My unchecked cynicism has let down the road of pop hatred. Having said that "Nova" on PBS rulez. My brain cant process anything else but sports. One last thing: is it me or does the Disney Channel have some smarmy, racy programming? Tell me I'm alone in this estimation of their content.

PistolPete Jan. 13, 2010 @ 10:09 a.m.

Sorry Braejas, I wouldn't go to a game at the Q if you bought the ticket. For starters, I wouldn't want someone to give more money to that pompous windbag Spanos family. There's no way I'm going anywhere for 4 hours where I can't smoke and they can take their $10.00 plastic bottle beers and stuff them up their egotistical asses. I get all the obnoxious Chargeless one really needs to deal with at a sports bar.