I was watching a STAR TREK movie this weekend, on Bluray. And one of the characters has this great line...it goes something like this...

"If there's one true constant in life; it is death. It’s like a predator, stalking you. You can try do hide from it with doctors, and new technologies, but in the end, time will hunt you down and make the kill.”

The character, a maniac, was trying to escape his time of death, but our STAR TREK hero comes to the conclusion that time isn’t a predator; it’s a companion, warning us to savor each moment because they will never come again.

As you live your life, year to year, and as you get older and older, are you someone who will try to run from death by any means by cutting down on the fatty foods, cigarettes, and whatever else can cut short your time? Or, as an adult, are you at the point where you’re just going to live your life, and damn the cautionary approach?

And when you look at our world, is it a place you’re going to want to be ninety-years old in when the year 2058 comes around?

Is time hunting your? Or, are you enjoying your time?

Comments

antigeekess Nov. 29, 2009 @ 10:04 p.m.

"Is time hunting your?"

Hunting my what? My ass, Mr. Typo?

CuddleFish Nov. 29, 2009 @ 10:12 p.m.

Where'd the e go????

Ya kills me, AG!!!

DaniLauder Nov. 30, 2009 @ 8:37 a.m.

I wish I could go back in time and not eat all the food I ate this weekend

RobertScorpio Nov. 30, 2009 @ 9:31 a.m.

I really kept it in check this Thansgiving. For some reason my favorite item for Thanksgiving is white-rice with turkey Gravy. I like some meat, but I'm not big on mashed potatos or yams or string-bean dishes.

Just give me a bowl of rice, filled with turkey gravy, and I'm in heaven.

While I was watching the parade, I wondered what some of our fellow posters were watching. You have to know that AG and SD and Cuddles were all watching, and drooling over, the AMA's over and over, especially the part when Adam Lambert forced that young guy to suck his penis on national TV. Nothing like some forced gay sex for that Thanksgiving TV viewing.

Josh was no doubt watching some debate show, wondering which side was winning, and then siding with the winner.

Me??? Just my rice and gravy, watching the Parade, and playing some Balderdash later on, which I lost; badly.

Josh Board Nov. 30, 2009 @ 3:30 p.m.

Yeah Scorp, that's what I do. I side with winners.

Ya know, you keep going on and on about Adam. Doth protests too much.

I'm thinking maybe Adam got your juices flowin', and now you're bothered by it.

I mean, really...I think it was a stupid, silly stunt. And I think it cost him a lot (cancelled appearances, some folks that won't buy the record), but who cares? It was on late night TV.

Josh Board Nov. 30, 2009 @ 3:31 p.m.

On another note: am I the only one that didn't care for the movie Predator? All my male friends love this movie. It did absolutely nothing for me.

RobertScorpio Nov. 30, 2009 @ 4:45 p.m.

Yep, Josh, on late night tv where it belongs. SD and CUDDLES and AG wanted it on Good Morning America, because they think that forced gay sex, with men involved, will further the cause of gay right. Good to see you siding with them, the so called "winning side". It shows that either you have depth, or, there's something in your closet. Either way; its all good.