As you all know, I was totally in support of ABC axing Lambert's gig on GMA after his over-the-top performance on the American Music Awards. I do not believe that kind of act, men/men or women/women should be on at 7am. I will never back off of that!

But now they, ABC, have axed him from the Jimmy Fallon show. This is totally different, and, I think, is totally unfair. Fallon's show airs at late-night, against Conan and Letterman. There have already been interesting peformances on late-night. Again, if this was GMA, I would be siding with ABC; but this is late-night. And the rating standards, and more importantly, little children are not, hopefully, watching this show.

Yes, I know, parents could easily DVR the shows at late night and show them in front of their kids in the day time. That would be hard to police, and I would never be in favor of that.

So, Adam? If by chance you are 'trolling' the blog-sphere, then I believe you should raise hell about not being able to perform simulated blow-jobs on men in the 1130pm hour.

More like this:

Comments

RobertScorpio Dec. 2, 2009 @ 9:17 p.m.

Correction..Fallon comes on after Conan's show. So that means it comes on at 1230am. Anyone up that late at night better beware comes on; Even I would prefer adam lambert over some stupid informerical.

joliee Dec. 2, 2009 @ 9:28 p.m.

FYI, Pink did the EXACT same act on her male dancer on Fox Live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPpSpBcs4wg Why can't Adam???? Everyone go to their website and issue a complaint, lets beat 1,500!!! Tweet #AdamBringsChange it's trending now.

YR66 Dec. 2, 2009 @ 9:43 p.m.

Haven't you seen his last 3 performances - Early Show, Letterman, Ellen - what makes you or anyone else including ABC think he'd be doing the AMA thing again?! I hope the fan shifts in ABC's direction big time...

RobertScorpio Dec. 2, 2009 @ 10:22 p.m.

The GMA perfomance would have happened the day after AMA. ABC was perfectly right for banning him then because they had no assurances he wouldn't do it. And he already betrayed their trust by NOT doing what he rehearsed for the AMA.

The point is that he has actually CAVED in, which is fine with me. He has not been doing the same/sex stuff in the morning because the "Man" has told him not to do it, and he is doing what he is told. Far from the 'double standard' whiner he was last week.

Fallon is totally different. If they ban him from doing male/male stuff on that show? Then yes..I REPEAT..yes. He should cry foul and would have every right to do so.

RobertScorpio Dec. 2, 2009 @ 10:31 p.m.

Last time I checked, PINK was a woman. As far as I know, no same sex acts have happened on morning tv unless you count BERT and ERNIE; now, gay america may not have a problem with it, but so what? ABC has every right to not allow Same-sex performances on their morning show. You don't like it? TOUGH.

I think that kind of performance should not be on morning tv. You do. Call me homophobe all you want, I don't care. I am okay with it on late-night, but not on morning tv.

The fact the gay community is pushing the right for forced-simulated S/M gay sex on morning tv shows is just fodder for the other side. If you wonder why state after state is voting AGAINST same sex marriage, you have yourselves to blame for it. Tone it down.

Join the backlash against any kind of performance like that in the morning, be it hetero or homo, and you might gain some respect instead of the 'freak show' status you enjoy now.

Aderyn Dec. 2, 2009 @ 11:01 p.m.

Actually, the GMA appearance was supposed to be two days after the AMAs.

Anybody who thinks Adam Lambert doesn't know the difference between a late-night performance and an early show performance needs their head examined. There is no way on earth that he would have done the same performance on GMA that he did on the AMAs.

He did not cave to "the man" - he did what he had already planned on doing - a much lower-key, family-friendly performance.

Also, I believe he was scheduled tobe on the Jimmy Kimmel show, not Jimmy Fallon.

Aderyn Dec. 2, 2009 @ 11:10 p.m.

So what you are saying is that it's ok for a woman to smash a guy's head so far up her crotch that he can see her ovaries, but it's not ok for a man to briefly push a man's head against his stomach? Check the footage - the man's head is no where near Adam's crotch. Yes, you are a homophobe!

No one is pushing for same-sex acts to be allowed on morning television shows. Or any sex acts, for that matter. People are up in arms because there is a double standard when it comes to female performers versus male performers, specifically, gay male performers - ON PRIME TIME OR LATE NIGHT! Sheesh, get your facts straight before you go off half-cocked.

SDaniels Dec. 3, 2009 @ 2:22 a.m.

re: #7: "Sheesh, get your facts straight before you go off half-cocked."

Good advice. Yeah, c'mon RobertScorpio! You know you'd prefer to go off "full-cocked" on Adam Lambert!

alison Dec. 3, 2009 @ 3:02 a.m.

Far from the 'double standard' whiner he was last week.

Well you go on to prove his point with your later comment:

No samesex happened on morning TV either Pink and Adam did very similar moves in late night network TV performances. Of course it is a double standard when heterosex is fine and dandy but homosex isn't.

No, we only have homophobes like yourself to blame. That is like saying you'll let the black man ride on the bus as long as he wears a white mask.

RobertScorpio Dec. 3, 2009 @ 6:22 a.m.

All I am saying is that SAME SEX or ANY SEX should not be on in the morning. Adam disagrees, so do some of you. Well, in this country, we all don't have to agree. And we disagree.

Look, some of what I say is to get a 'rise' (ahem) out of you and it works. But let us not confuse where we stand. I will ask this question STRAIGHT (ahem) up...

Do you think SAME SEX or ANY SEX laced songs should be on Good Morning America? Its that simple. I'm not against it on night time (10pm. I am against it being on in the morning.

ADAM was the one who whined about the double-standard, and ABC nixing his gig there. He blurred the subject, and sold some records.

So, yes or now; do you support sexual laced songs on shows like GMA and Today in the morning? YES or NO.

I vote no.

RobertScorpio Dec. 3, 2009 @ 6:28 a.m.

Prime-time, for me, is 8pm-11pm. What Adam did on AMA belongs there, more towards the 11pm hour, and that is where it was. NO PROBLEM there.

But 7am? 8am? No. Sorry, got to draw the line. If you're going to take a stand that it should be on in those hours, you're going to lose. And will only hurt the so called 'cause' you are tooting. You have to pick your battles. And this one is a loser.

I can't believe I give this kind of advise for free. You are ALL so lucky.

DaniLauder Dec. 3, 2009 @ 9:15 a.m.

I went to Europe just this past summer and you should see what they have on the air over there. I could not let my daughter turn on the TV unless I was there making sure it was not all crazy. I would hate to see our TV become like that but I guess it can not be stopped.

PistolPete Dec. 3, 2009 @ 9:57 a.m.

As a bisexual male & someone who is on the fence, because it's a sty one-trick pony who will be forgotten with tomorrow's stale doughnuts, I don't give a f. If Adam Lambert was a decent singer with good songs, I'd sign ANY petition to try to get him on the Jimmy Kimmel show but, unfortunetely, I've seen monkeys sing better than this over-the-top freak show.

RobertScorpio Dec. 3, 2009 @ 10:13 a.m.

Great post Pistol.

I understand Adam's double-standard mantra. We all know why lesbian acts on TV are more acceptable; men, hetero men, want it that way. And since men still hold more of the positions of power in this country, that is the way it is. Heck, I WANT it that way.

But I am drawing a line in the sand. I think the FCC should grow some (ahem) balls, and stop the 'sex' stuff on morning tv; all of it. Yeah, prudish I admit.

As for his singing? Some of it was good, really good, I thought on American Idol. Some of it wasn't. And I still maintain David Cook is the better singer between the two.

But you're not the only one who can't stand Adam's voice. After his initial fame wears out, it will be interesting to see where he is in ten years. (Where are you Clay Aiken???)

RobertScorpio Dec. 3, 2009 @ 12:04 p.m.

for #7

I have said ALL ALONG that I am okay with what Adam did on NIGHT TIME TV.

And I am saying here that if ABC is nixing his gig on Fallon's show because of possible 'homosexual' content, then they are wrong since that kind of act, women/women, is already accepted.

I think you and I agree that none of it should be on morning TV....and thats cool.

PistolPete Dec. 3, 2009 @ 12:51 p.m.

The GMA gig wouldn't have bothered me one way or the other. I'm still pissed that Adam's name was being bandied about as a possible replacement for Freddie Mercury in Queen. I'll burn all my Queen CDs if that no-talent hack EVER sings for them. I'll bet even Freddie himself would tell Adam to take it down a notch...

And what's with the non photos on the comments? When I clicked on mine to add a pic, there's nothing there to let me. WTF Reader??????

RobertScorpio Dec. 3, 2009 @ 1:24 p.m.

This is a great new feature...this is about as much 'bling' as I do, updating my avatar!!! I love it!!!

Rob

RobertScorpio Dec. 3, 2009 @ 1:30 p.m.

Pistol

I was able to add an avatar. Make sure you have a JPEG that is the right size that their system will allow. Mine, as you can see, is a picture of one of Godzilla's greatest foes; Gigan.

Adriani Dec. 3, 2009 @ 1:42 p.m.

@RobertScorpio

Clay Aiken is in Europe recording his 6th album due in 2010.

DaniLauder Dec. 3, 2009 @ 1:49 p.m.

I like Clay Aiken. I did not know he had five albums but I do have his first three and his Christmas album. I think that Christams album of his set a record with most sold in a week's time. I still think he should have beaten Rueben. That guy has really vanished.

David Dodd Dec. 3, 2009 @ 1:55 p.m.

Reader, what happened to the "last 50 blog comments" button?

Adriani Dec. 3, 2009 @ 2:06 p.m.

@DaniLauder

Clay has more than 5 albums but 3 of them were before American Idol and one other is an EP.

Measure Of A Man (2003) Merry Christmas With Love (2004) A Thousand Different Ways (2006) All Is Well EP (2006) On My Way Here (2008) Playlist: The Very Best Of Clay Aiken (2009)

Pre-Idol:

Look What Love Has Done Look What Love Has Done 2 Redefined

Jay Allen Sanford Dec. 3, 2009 @ 3:11 p.m.

Major website upgrade was just launched a couple of hours ago - the missing "last 50 comments button" will probably show up shortly as the wrinkles are ironed out. If not, post query again and website admin will look into --

David Dodd Dec. 3, 2009 @ 4:15 p.m.

Thanks, Jay. Actually, it had returned but has vanished again. Maybe everything simply needs time to sync.

FLnow Dec. 4, 2009 @ 4:27 p.m.

Adam was canceled on Kimmel, not Fallon. Frankly, I think it was stupid of ABC to cancel Adam's appearance on GMA and Kimmel. He's a smart man. He knows he took things too far on the AMAs, but he was on at 10:55 PM ET that night--kids should have been in bed on a school night. Furthermore, for parents who were upset, they should have turned the channel after Janet Jackson's crotch grabbing. Regardless, Adam did a wonderful job on The Early Show, Letterman, and Ellen, and I'm looking forward to seeing him next week on Barbara Walters' 10 Most Fascinating People of 2009 and on Larry King Live, as well as on Leno later in the month. ABC's loss is the other network stations' gain.

RobertScorpio Dec. 4, 2009 @ 7:33 p.m.

And thats the point, isn't Flnow? If ABC doesn't want to Adam, for whatever reason, that is their right isn't it? I was watching Fallon when I made that post, but you are right, it was Kimmel who nixed it.

As for whether or not ABC made the right decision? ABC GMA still beat CBS's This Morning when Adam was on. There are many people out there who don't care for Adam. Some people at work, young people, can't stand him. I actually like him. I think his version of THE TRACKS OF MY TEARS blew Smokey Robinson's version way.