Barbarella Fokos noon, Jan. 27
- Community Blog
- Vista Blues
Starting The New "Vista Blues"...and other things.
"I live the life I love, and I love the life I live!" --Royal Crown Revue.
Good morning, folks! LPR here, and I'm glad to be back from my time away. No, I wasn't in the Crossbars Hotel, mind. Between getting the "Vista Blues" manuscript ready for publication, dealing with a persistant bacteria on my skin, and just not wanting to haul my carcass out of bed sometimes, getting time to blog isn't easy.
The manuscript is almost ready, just have to put in a closing remarks section (including updates), proof-read it one more time, transcribe the document to Word 2003...then get the cover/inquiry letters ready and start praying for success!
Having said that, today starts the NEW version of "Vista Blues." New subjects, new opinions...and hopefully new comments. All previous entries are still available for viewing...just that I'm adding new stuff for your enjoyment.
Just a few quick thoughts before I sign-off for this session:
1). The Chargers loss to the Jets is a heavy-duty example of hubris breeding nemesis. All the hype didn't amount to tripe...the game is still played on the field, and we took one in the gleuts. Now with LT shoving ioff (along with Cromartie, Merriman, Gates, and Kaeding possibly joining him), maybe the Chargers will grow up a bit (starting with AJ Smith) and realize what they have left.
2) It never ceases to amaze me how folks can be led down one path, while thinking they are going down another. Case in point, the touristas that come here for "sun and fun"--yet end up pitching a beef about the clouds in our skies this time of year. It never fails to come true. Without rain and clouds, these nimnuls might not have a place to come to in the first place. And with a heavy-duty El Nino already unleashing the wet stuff, I can say that I'd rather have extra water in my reseviors than extra ungrateful tourista dollars in the county bank accounts!
3) Tiger Woods--turns out to be human after all. Turns out that he's addicted to anything in a skirt...except his wife! He is now "taking a break" from golf to get his act together, or so he says. Perhaps Tiger's "Road To Wellville" might include a stop at Calvary Ranch, the Betty Ford Clinic, or some other place where he can confront his bete noir without distractions. That is, if he wants his family, career, and self-image back, of course.
God, it's good to be back! LPR
More like this:
- 140 lbs gone since 8/25/2011 — Aug. 14, 2012
- You Want A Philips Or A Slotted Head With That...Part Four — Aug. 30, 2010
- The Third Piece Of The Book Is Now On My Computer! — July 30, 2010
- Prepping For Easter Sunday... — April 3, 2010
- An Unwanted Break--But Now I'm Home! — Dec. 10, 2009