9 p.m., Sept. 28
- Community Blog
- UC Berkeley wasteful and not transparent
Retire Cal Chancellor Birgeneau
University of California Berkeley Chancellor Birgeneau ($500,000 salary) has forgotten that he is a public servant, steward of the public money, not overseer of his own fiefdom. These are not isolated examples: recruits (uses California tax $) out of state $50,000 tuition students that displace qualified Californians from public university education; spends $7,000,000 + for consultants to do his & many vice chancellors jobs (prominent East Coast university accomplishing same 0 cost); pays ex Michigan governor $300,000 for lectures; in procuring a $3,000,000 consulting firm he failed to receive proposals from other firms; Latino enrollment drops while out of state jumps 2010; tuition to Return on Investment drops below top 10; QS academic ranking falls below top 10; only 50 attend Birgeneau all employees meeting; visits down 20%; NCAA places basketball program on probation, absence institutional control.
It’s all shameful.
More like this:
- UCSD hijacks our kids' futures — Nov. 2, 2011
- Faculty pay increase from Calif econmy pain — Aug. 25, 2011
- UC President Picks Pockets of Californians — July 29, 2011
- San Diego State University Near Top of Fastest Growing Tuition List — July 6, 2011
- Buddied Up — March 23, 2006