In Buenos Aires, a science officer also received the alert. As he drove toward base in his beater 1980 Citroen, he began hyper reflecting.

'It's the end of the world! It's the end of the world!' He thought to himself, over and over. Why else would he get called to base? What other reason could there be?

He barely missed a guy making a lane change as he zoomed by, Having missed that, he stepped on it, looked up and realized he was entering a busy intersection a little late in the light. He knew he didn't have time to stop, and if truth be known, at least he knew enough to not accelerate more. The Argentine science officer stiffened as he entered the intersection, and

wham

He got t-boned.

Captain Villa gave Tino Escudero a narrow look, then glanced at the young American. His phone rang. Captain Villa picked up.

"Captain Villa, the science officer has been involved in a serious car accident."

"How serious?"

"Non-lethal, but he will be unavailable for duty for some time. He is currently at the hospital, having an hysterical fit, babbling about the end of the world."

Captain Villa didn't like that. The world isn't going to end- we're going to end, so why try to drag the world, down with us? Captain Villa gave a quick thought to his own situation with regard to the matter, and saw little career liability. He said

"No llego al final, pero el final se juega con los que llegan. Gracias por el reporte." click.

"Detective Escudero, our mobile science officer has been injured in a car accident. I understand this young man is well versed in sciences. Time is of the essence." said Captain Villa, looking at young Kenworth Clifton.

"Impossible, my Captain. He's an American." Replied Tino, the bad ass Argentine buzo tactico.

"I thought you said he was your son."

Tino said nothing. When you're caught, clam up until you have a better position. Fundamentals.

Captain Villa continued

"In any event, regardless of his provenance, say from an un-annexed Argentine territory in the northern hemisphere of the Americas, call it what you may, needs arise." Captain Villa stood up, resplendant in his white Argentine Navy uniform. He looked at Kenny. Kenny looked back at him with a look that said 'I'm not afraid of you.' mixed with a sensible amount of fear.

Captain Villa put his arms behind his back and turned away- Tino's move:

Beck -'Girl' : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkCg-3...

Comments

Robert Hagen June 30, 2012 @ 3:53 a.m.

No, its an internet serial. )))))::::))))

Ruth Newell June 30, 2012 @ 8:35 a.m.

Looks like the second you've posted but I was confused because when you kept adding in the comments section as diegonomics rather than Robert...I wasn't sure who was who or what was what. I like the military aspect...loved the soccer mom spy.

Robert Hagen June 30, 2012 @ 11:53 a.m.

Right on. You made my day, R. Thank you kindly.

Off we go.

Captain Villa examined Tino and young Kenworth Clifton, while tapping a pencil on his desk lightly. Tino cringed visibly. Captain Villa was just a regular soccer watching citizen, but when he started thinking, something would happen.........

(Beck - Hotwax - lyrics w/bonusvideo)

It takes a backwash man to sing a backwash soul Like a frying pan when the fire's gone Driving my pig while the band's taking pictures in the grass And my radio's smashed

And I like pianos in the evening sun Dragging my heals 'til my day is done Saturday night in the Captain's clothes Tender horns blowing when my jewelry froze

Yo soy un disco quebrado Yo tengo chicle en mi cerebro

I can't believe my way back when My Cadillac pants going much too fast Karaoke weekend at the suicide shack Community service and I'm still the mack

Shocked my finger spicing my hand I been spreading disease all across the land Beautiful air-conditioned sitting in the kitchen Wishing I was living like a hit man

Face down in the guarantees Jaundiced honchos getting busy with me Because I get down I get down I get down all the way

Yo soy un disco quebrado Yo tengo chicle en mi cerebro

Sawdust songs of the plaid bartenders Western Unions of the country westerns Silver foxes looking for romance In the chain smoke Kansas flashdance ass pants

And you got the hotwax residues You never lose in your razor blade shoes Stealing pesos out of my brain Hazard signs down the Alamo lanes

Radar systems piercing the souls You never get caught with the wax so rotten All my days I got the grizzly words Hijacked flavors that I'm flipping like birds

Yo soy un disco quebrado Yo tengo chicle en mi cerebro

Who are you? I'm the enchanting wizard of rhythm Why did you come here?

[Girl:] "Who are you?" [Man:] "I'm the enchanting wizard of rhythm." [Girl:] "Why did you come here?" [Man:] "I came here to tell you about the rhythms of the universe"

Robert Hagen June 30, 2012 @ 5:39 p.m.

Tino cleared his throat, and glanced over at young Kenworth, seated beside him. Kenny caught his glance - do not mess with this guy.

Captain villa's phone rang again. He picked up, saying

"Make it fast, I'm very busy.....oh, really....no shots fired?....you're sure of the information?....you were there?....At this point Tino began squirming visibly, and Captain Villa moved a little part of his cheek in his direction. Captain Villa was listening and then he glanced at young Kenworth. To Augustino Escudero it was obvious that the Captain was receiving a report about how he pulled his pistol at a soccer match. Tino was sure because Captain Villa glanced toward Kenny, who had missed a penalty kick. Tino's philosophy was a little different than Captain Villa's, and Tino had been warned not to do that by Captain Villa himself. The way Tino looked at it, better to cut the potential mob off as soon as possible, and if the mob is ignited, and you have a pistol, unholster earlier rather than later. Captain Villa took a different view. The Argentine Navy Captain hung up the phone very lightly, and said to Tino

"You've done it again."

Tino spread his arms out and replied

"But for God's sake, the arbitrator denied him a penalty kick. The ball was far in, it just ricocheted out fast, and the bastard used that as an excuse. The referees are bought and sold. Additionally there are gamblers and assorted-

"Be quiet." whispered Captain Villa. He mused for a duration, and said, as nonchalantly as you please

"I've instructed you to not unholster your weapon without due reason previously, have I not?"

Tino said nothing.

"And yet you persist in doing so, and in my opinion it is on a whim, that is when you don't have money on the match, which concerns me, and if I should find that you are abusing your authority for material gain, you'll face a firing squad."

"My Captain, the penalty kick went in. The abuse of authority is strictly with the referee."

Captain Villa turned to Kenny, and said in heavily accented English

"Penalty kick. In, or out?"

Tino made sure not to try and influence Kenny, who responded

"For sure part of the ball got across. For sure."

'That's my boy.' thought Tino Escudero.

"Part is not all," replied Captain Villa.

"Yeah, that's for sure." said Kenny Clifton.

"Well, since this is a disputed penalty kick, you live another day, Detective Escudero." said Captain Villa, looking Tino in the eye.

The Theme of 'Time Machine' 'The signal' Juanes Unplugged. Google it.

Robert Hagen July 5, 2012 @ 12:42 a.m.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Evan Will went toward Johnny, and told him

"You're little bodyguard is going to split, probably. And then I'll have you."

dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTi2G4...

Robert Hagen July 6, 2012 @ 3:02 a.m.

Johnny leapt up, furiously, and cried

"If there is anyone that will be leaving, it will be you Mr.Will!"

"Kid, don't call me mister."

"Nor shall I be lectured on appropriate etiquette, least of all by the likes of you!" rejoined young Johnny, who noting Evan's look of derision, turned toward Ann, and said

"Ann, what do you call a sun burned SEAL?"

"I don't know, what?" replied Ann, with just enough interested querulousness in her voice to make Johnny think to himself 'I'll get him right now. I'm on a roll.'

"A toasty loco."

There was dead silence in the room. Bingo was rubbing his eyebrows.

"Tough crowd- what do you call a thin skinned SEAL?" said Johnny.

"What?" replied Ann, a little breathlessly.

"A frog." Dilbert smiled and nodded- good one that.

"Why did the fat SEAL jump in the water?"

"Why?" asked Evan quietly.

"To whet his appetite."

Ann had to laugh at that one. Johnny raised a finger as if in admonition, and asked

"What do you NOT call a fat SEAL?"

No answer.

"Late to dinner." answered Johnny with a light wave of his hand. Johnny was a Navy Annapolis.

Robert Hagen July 11, 2012 @ 1:39 p.m.

Evan Will looked at young Johnny, and said

"That's very amusing. We're going to change the teammates, now, and you'll come under my command."

Robert Hagen July 12, 2012 @ 10:24 p.m.

I shall not, under any circumstances, come under you command! shouted Johnny.

I dont see where you have much choice said Evan, seated at one of two tables in the room.

But if you do think so, the doors over there.

Johnny told Anne, Go to work, and headed for the doorway. Evan sprang up, leapt over the table, in chase, and Anne intercepted him.

Wham

Her low kick hit Evan across his left knee. Evan twirled out of it, barely. Anne followed up with a basic, bread and butter snap kick to the same knee. It landed just as Evan was himself, well, landing.

Ouch

On one leg Evan will went to grab her by her collar, but the young black Army soldier ninja had already turned, and when Evan went to grab her she threw an elbow back at him.

Evan bought the farm on that one. He went to block it just as Anne whirled and hit him right in his mug, with everything plus the kitchen sink. Evan Will flew off his feet, and fell, unconscious. His last split second thought was

I had a feeling something bad was going to happen.

Bingo, his partner, a Force Recon Marine was looking at it all. He knew Evan would never hit a woman, but damn.

Robert Hagen July 14, 2012 @ 9:16 p.m.

Evan went out like a light, but as he landed instinctively, his head bopped just a little bit-

theres nothing like training people to get you through the rough spots

he went to sleep, into a dream.

Evan was swimming below an ocean, outfitted, yet terrified.

Above Bingo and he was a wall of debris- thick oil, various detritus, and huge objects floating by. The danger of attempting to surface was amplified by lightening strikes from the sky that illuminated the ocean surface, for it was night time.

Robert Hagen July 14, 2012 @ 9:30 p.m.

"Are you alright?" Evan heard Bingo say, in his dream. Then Evan just plain swam out into the dream itself.

Starlight approached in his mind. A voice said

When you see the starlight, many billions of light years have passed. What you see as time present, is but a small, fractional result of the occurence, and as eons have passed, it is just that, a light in the sky, noticed, unnoticed..............

Robert Hagen July 15, 2012 @ 9:57 p.m.