The Canyoneers 12:01 p.m., Feb. 22
- Community Blog
- "They say you can never go HOME" I Did!
"They say (You can never go Home!) I Did!
In 1956, I was 2 years old and lived behind the old red brick building on the southwest corner of Menlo Ave. & Univeristy Ave.s There was a home that had a cement wall separating it from the parkling lot of the red brick building all the way to the alley (still there-the alley). On the inside of this wall was a mural from the middle of the lot to the rear of the yard. It was of a desert with cactus of all type. men in Mexican style garments and sombreros. There was a donkey or jack-ass, I don't really remember the difference, in all the 15 years I lived there.
More like this:
- I’m King of This Alley — Sept. 16, 2009
- It's Beautiful — July 20, 2006
- Tijuana Gardens — June 23, 2005
- Eyes Put on the Street — Aug. 17, 1995
- What We Love Chooses Us: San Diego's Secret Gardens — June 2, 1994