Ian Anderson 5 p.m., Aug. 28
- Community Blog
- The Village (and beyond)
1 pr. slacks or jeans 2 nylon panties for women or 2 men's briefs (one to wear, one to wash) 2-3 tee shirts 1 pr. shorts or skirt (to use as pajamas) 2 bras for women Pair of sneakers 4 pr. socks Pair of flip-flops (shower shoes) Toiletries (2-4 toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant)
Cell phone plus charger (make first call to 2-1-1 for shelter information) Bag, purse or backpack to carry above items.
If sleeping outdoors, you will need: Sleeping bag, knit cap, winter jacket, rain gear (optional), and a cart or rolling luggage bag to put it all in.
Keep cash in your front pocket. Keep identification in your front pocket (CA state i.d. card or US passport or driver's license, and social security card or certified birth certificate)
May God bless you on your adventure. Remember, Jesus was homeless and he made all of his Apostles leave everything behind in order to show their faith in God the Father. Amen.
More like this:
- The San Diego Rescue Mission Opens Its Doors to Just a Few Homeless Women Each Evening — Oct. 27, 2010
- Just Another Loose Thread, Running Through OB... — Nov. 20, 2008
- Sleeping Bags — Sept. 14, 2006
- What You Do When You're Done Being a Playboy — Dec. 12, 2002
- Bum, Bumming, Bummer — May 3, 1990