Matt Potter 2:30 p.m., Nov. 27
- Community Blog
- The MOST CREATIVE Neighborhood in San Diego!!
The MOST CREATIVE neighborhood in San Diego!!
I moved in to City Heights in mid-May, 2008, and I absolutely LOVE this area. I live across from Monroe Clark Middle School and the children that I've met in passing are SO AWESOME and CREATIVE and FRESH!! They are a joy to talk with and listen to!
My favorite pass time is to WALK THE NEIGHBORHOOD and admire the BEAUTIFUL gardens that my neighbors have growing in their front yards. Lots of LOVE and CARE go into their homes!
And my MOST FAVORITE place to sit and CHAT is at the Starbuck's on University and Fairmont. THOSE GUYS!! Many of the young men in the area come to socialize at Starbuck's. I have met ppl from Ethiopia and Samolia and they are VERY FUNNY and charming. They are ALL bilingual and I can NEVER understand what they are saying to each other, in Samoli, so I STOP them -- and say that we have to have "15 minutes of English" so that I can participate in the conversation. It WORKS!!
Anyway, I LOVE City Heights because of the diversity of people and the beauty of the homes and the care that is clearly given to developing friendships in the community.
More like this:
- Running in Normal Heights: The Unpredictable Familiarity — March 2, 2010
- Claiming City Heights — Feb. 20, 2009
- The Patriarch of My Neighborhood — Oct. 13, 2008
- A Marine in Iraq Remembers La Jolla — Oct. 4, 2007
- America Broke My Heart, Tijuana Blew My Mind — June 24, 2004