Dorian Hargrove 4:30 p.m., June 24
- Community Blog
- Canyon Life
Where's that Hoo coming from?
Hearing an owl almost every night around dusk. Sounds like it's coming from the eucalyptus grove in the canyon where Elm Street dead-ends into the trailhead at Bancroft.
Wish I could get a good look at it and figure out what species it is. Has anyone seen it?
More like this:
- Discover a showery 20-foot cascade in Coal Canyon, Orange County's premier wildlife corridor. — March 31, 2005
- Discover Trail Canyon Falls, tucked away in a remote crease of the San Gabriel Mountains. — Dec. 9, 2004
- Explore woodsy Happy Camp Canyon near Moorpark in eastern Ventura County. — Oct. 28, 2004
- Endure Sisyphean ascents and descents enroute to one of Los Angeles County's finest waterfalls: Fish Canyon Falls. — May 10, 2001
- A trek up rugged Flat Cat Canyon, near Anza-Borrego's visitor center, tests hikers' mettle. — March 18, 1999