Matt Potter 1:30 p.m., Jan. 26
- Community Blog
- Smoke This
Endless Summer Raids..entrapment?
Background: District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis and other officials announced Feb. 10 that an undercover drug sting had netted 33 suspects deemed a public safety threat to military families
What's happening: A review of court records and interviews with defendants suggest at least 14 are medical-marijuana patients with no military connection, and that most defendants ONLY WENT TO A MILITARY ENCLAVE BECAUSE THEY WERE DIRECTED THERE BY UNDERCOVER DRUG AGENTS.
The undercover agent “presented himself as a legitimate patient,” said Lambert, who faces up to four years in prison if convicted. “Yes, he was verified. And yes, he had the appropriate paperwork.” Donna Lambert
More like this:
- FBI sting nabs sports agents plotting to screw clients — Jan. 22, 2015
- A Good Old San Diego Political Garden Party — Oct. 13, 2010
- Bonnie’s Bud Brigade a Bust? — May 27, 2010
- Feds Got Him — May 11, 2010
- Militarizing the Border — May 25, 2000