Darrin DuFord 3:30 p.m., Dec. 26
- Community Blog
- Serra Mesa Stories
Serra Mesa is part of North City
Drive around Aero Drive and you'll notice signs beckoning you to sign up for free computer classes at the two-story building nearby.
It's a pretty ordinary building that needs a parking repavement and some art work to draw more attention. But I can't complain. Classes are really free.
It's the North City Campus of the San Diego Continuing Education Center. You can upgrade your skills here in a hurry. Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word.
It's first come, first serve. I've taken a few classes here already and received a certificate for hours of completion. I'm no expert in Excel or PowerPoint yet but it's a start.
Dropped by here yesterday and picked up a schedule. I'm definitely taking the digital photography classes. How to sell on eBay looks good too.
I have driven past the campus for several years now but didn't pay notice until a friend at the gym told me classes were free.
The classes are free but the effort you put just to get there and start learning, well that's priceless.
More like this:
- My angel wore a Pittsburgh Steelers jersey and brought manna to my house in Serra Mesa — Nov. 22, 2010
- Make time to Stay Healthy — Oct. 26, 2010
- A rainy night in Serra Mesa inspires — Oct. 20, 2010
- Must be the political season in Serra Mesa — Oct. 9, 2010
- Anybody play hoops in Serra Mesa? — Oct. 6, 2010