DJ Stevens 10 a.m., March 29
- Community Blog
- San Carlos
A smashing pumpkin patch
We walked up to Keil's market on Sunday to pick out a pumpkin. At the back of the parking lot (along Jackson Drive) is a chain link fence area of pumpkins labeled "Keil's Pumpkin Patch." They have "lumina" white pumpkins, small, medium and large pumpkins, as well as gourds, Indian corn, and popcorn cobs. We carried a larger pumpkin home for $4.99.
At the south end of the patch is a haunted house built out of hay bales. I took heed of the beware warning signs and didn't go inside. It looked too scary spooky and smelled too itchy scratchy after our recent rain.
More like this:
- Pumpkins to carve, pumpkins to eat — Oct. 5, 2016
- One year to replace Clairemont grocery store — Sept. 4, 2016
- Family Pumpkin Patch — Oct. 24, 2012
- For Deora — April 7, 2010
- Visit Imperial County's Pumpkin Patch, where stone pumpkins dot the barren desert landscape — Nov. 1, 2001