Daniel Powell 11 a.m., Jan. 25
- Community Blog
- Residential Ramblings
Turkey Trot Poem- Silver Wing Park 11-19-2011
Competitive spirit not damper,
The South Bay denizens Turkey Trot away.
Race, Run and scamper.
Some contestants won,
Others only received cheers,
Running for turkey and pie as first prize
Realize you're not as fast as your peers.
A race to enjoy a main dish and a dessert,
Run fast and run hard but please don't get hurt.
Rain drizzles down and the crowd huddles under the roof.
Downpour resides and runners resume to take stride,
One race ends close and someone shouts, "A Foto Finish!"
We need film as proof.
Day is cold, slightly drizzly, but far from diminished.
Adult racers warming up and stretching stiff muscles,
Hoping to cross the finish line the winner,
Exhibit the greatest of hustle,
Son who just won, talks with dad about first prize,
"Dad, you guys enjoy the Turkey, and I'll eat the Pie!"
Gloomy yet glorious day, at the park in South Bay,
As the South Bay denizens Turkey Trot away.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Stanbul Express! — Nov. 16, 2011
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz III: The Heretic — Nov. 14, 2011
- The Title or Trailer Game 2: The New Batch — Nov. 7, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011