Robert Bush noon, July 5
- Community Blog
- Rants snd outright bitching
O'Connells and the trash it brings in
I have lived in my current house for near two years now. Besides the occasional homeless guy screaming outside or the crappy garage bands playing past 11 or so, I use to think this was a pretty nice area to live in.... Unfortunately, O'Connell's dive bar has turned this neighborhood into just another trash filled ghetto comparable to a Florida trailer park.
I understand supporting local bands and giving them a place to play, but could you at least have security check the patrons for guns before letting them in? How about hiring more security or doing something else to clean up the place? It's pretty sad that I get woke up every weekend at 2am due to fights outside that dump, but this past weekend was worse because someone brought a gun to the show. I'm sure that happens a lot, but how does security miss a Hispanic kid with a gun in the middle of a skinhead concert? It's funny how much the media leaves out of a story.. too bad this one barely was reported at all. It's sad that someone died over a racial fight in San Diego of all places..
More like this:
- Meet the Mansonites, plus Loving The Inmate: Law & Order It Ain’t — March 21, 2008
- Do You Feel Safe at School? — Aug. 30, 2007
- Jackson v. Jackson — July 26, 2007
- When Your Love is Locked Up — Feb. 10, 2005
- Cheney's Bad Boys Irk Encinitas — March 21, 2002