Image

i toughened up back then

wouldn't take it on the chin

i fought a valiant fight

fought late into my nite

i sanctified my soul

you no longer have control

LEAVE FEAR

i won't hold you near

you should have been so dear

you may have mothered me but you mother me no more

More like this:

Comments

quillpena Aug. 20, 2011 @ 12:17 p.m.

I was pissed at my mom too for a long time, nan, probably most of my life. We finally patched things up for good a couple of years ago. She's far from a perfect mom, and I'm far from a perfect son, but for the remainder of our lives, we're good enough. Nice poem, as usual, but sad.

nan shartel Aug. 20, 2011 @ 12:28 p.m.

my mother was quite ill mentally as is my sis Quill..she created nothing but chaos and broke up our family...i was taken by the state out of the home at 11...i made my peace with her when i was old enough to understand she was mentally ill:(

SurfPuppy619 Aug. 21, 2011 @ 2:11 p.m.

Not her fault, and I am glad you made peace.

nan shartel Aug. 21, 2011 @ 6:01 p.m.

of course it wasn't her fault pupster...but my sis and i were made to live in an orphanage...boarding schools and foster homes because of it...and i was very angry about it 4 many many years...i was in my 30's before i made my peace with it

SurfPuppy619 Aug. 21, 2011 @ 11:28 p.m.

Hey, coming from a fairly disFUNctional family, I knowe your pain. I must sday I never had it as bad as foster care though, but there were periods (very brief) that were worse than foster care.

But in the end it is best to make peace and let it go, which I am glad you have.

BTW, our family pouts the FUN in disfunctional!

nan shartel Aug. 22, 2011 @ 7:54 a.m.

u r so funny pupster...hahahahahahahaha

where dis-fun-tional families r concerned we is simpatico...lolol ;-D

Twister Aug. 22, 2011 @ 12:15 a.m.

Vy iss it zat ve are too soon oldt, und too late schmart?

Twister Aug. 22, 2011 @ 12:20 a.m.

That photograph is first-rate!

PS:Vy iss it zat ve are too soon oldt, und too late schmart?

nan shartel Aug. 22, 2011 @ 7:52 a.m.

Vy iss it zat ve are too soon oldt, und too late schmart?

i just don't know twister...lolol

iss now oldt and sill knot schmart!!

to be fair about my mum...there was no psychotropic medication to deal with schizophrenia at the time...so she just had to suffer with it

and we did 2

nan shartel Aug. 22, 2011 @ 12:38 p.m.

i sure didn't ....it's a pic of one of my granddaughters in an angry mood made black and white at Photobucket

taken by one of her parents...she's in her 20's now

originally her older sis was sitting smiling next to her...but i cropped her out

i couldn't pass up the "angry birds" eyes and that pout to push a poem in