the trees won't disagree

they dance to their own rhyme and meter

sweet fall breezes fan their fire

displaying a quilt of fallen colours upon the trail

let the others push on ahead of us

as we whisper to eachother daybreaks desires

Image

Comments

quillpena Nov. 4, 2010 @ 1:32 p.m.

Like a flute? No music is needed, nan. It's beautiful all by itself.

MsGrant Nov. 4, 2010 @ 3:41 p.m.

Nan, this is so perfect. Thanks for sharing. Did the trees inspire you? More, please!!

nan shartel Nov. 5, 2010 @ 2:59 p.m.

yes and Quill's beautiful Autumn piece 2 Grantie...thx sweetie ;)....have u "gone a leafing" yet??

nan shartel Nov. 5, 2010 @ 3 p.m.

thx quill...ur piece inspired me..i wrote this the day i read ur latest blog

MsGrant Nov. 5, 2010 @ 4:53 p.m.

I have been hiking, but have not yet gone out to the mountains to see the trees. Maybe this Sunday, if they are not all burnt to a crisp!!

nan shartel Nov. 5, 2010 @ 5:08 p.m.

hey Grantie...Jerry Schad say's Palomar Mountain is the best!!

Sunday on Mount Palomar sounds like a very cool place to take it in

nan shartel Nov. 5, 2010 @ 5:14 p.m.

i must admit this mini Indian Summer may change the scene some...hot hot hot!!!!!

MsGrant Nov. 5, 2010 @ 5:41 p.m.

If it cools down this weekend, we will take a drive out there - thanks for the tip!!

nan shartel Nov. 5, 2010 @ 5:48 p.m.

i sent u a Roam A Rama piece with a hike picked by Jerry Schad for a slightly 2+mi hike from Maple Canyon to Bankers Hill that sounds like a winner 2 Grantie

he has mighty good tips for those who love the outdoors

MsGrant Nov. 5, 2010 @ 7:25 p.m.

I have one of his books and love his column. I have done that walk and love it. It is one of my favorites because it combines the canyon with the wonderful old homes over in Banker's Hill.

quillpena Nov. 5, 2010 @ 10:38 p.m.

If the results are always so beautiful, I'll inspire you as much as possible. Thanks, nan.

nan shartel Nov. 5, 2010 @ 11:29 p.m.

others here inspire me as well Quill...muses r always welcome here..twice the poetic desire brings twice the fire in my poetry

and please do continue to inspire me Quill

nan shartel Nov. 5, 2010 @ 11:32 p.m.

11..

breathtaking walk for sure Grantie...i 2 love those walks around interesting areas of town...i think u do a very cool biking tour 2

MsGrant Nov. 6, 2010 @ 1:17 p.m.

We ride our bikes up there too, going down the OB path to Old Town, up Juan Street, and all through the old neighborhoods, down through Presidio Park and back home. Good hills!!

nan shartel Nov. 6, 2010 @ 1:48 p.m.

good calf exercise...and wind strength 2