Dorian Hargrove 2:32 p.m., Aug. 3
UCSD Mito Walk and Roll
Mitochondrial disease research and funding is the motivation for this first annual event.
The UCSD Mitochondrial Fund is holding its first annual Walk and Roll 5K on Saturday the 18th.
Mitochondrial disease has no cure to date. The people at UCSD are trying to raise a "substantial" amount of money to fund ongoing treatment and research.
According to the website the symptoms range from fatigue to organ failure.
Exercise has been proven to increase the size and function of the mitochondria in our cells. Here is a chance to strengthen one's own mitochondria whole helping others strengthen theirs.
More like this:
- Viviano abruptly departs UCSD in turmoil’s midst — July 9, 2015
- U.S. Federal program spent $2.44 million for UCSD study on prostitute use in Tijuana — July 2, 2013
- UCSD Announces Alumni Honorees — Feb. 9, 2012
- UCSD Launches "Lead The Way" — May 10, 2011
- Geography 92037 — July 27, 2002