Walter Mencken 6:15 p.m., Feb. 28
The Propagandist's Cobra HeArt
Semimonthly-ish art and music exhibition night happens Friday and includes spoken word, live art, DJs and vendor.
"Cobra HeArt is a night designated to collide independent music and a showcase of local artists," reads the event page.
"Large pieces of wheat-pasted plywood suspended from the ceiling serve as a mounting medium for the artist(s) and [their] work."
Cobra HeArt nights at The Propagandist (835 Fifth Ave) happen at least twice a month with the next one on Friday, March 15 from 9 p.m. - 1:30 a.m.
This go-around will see displayed works by artists:
Junk & PO
A model will sit at the event for live life drawing by artists:
Adam Kyron Murillo
Music by DJs:
Special Spoken Word presentation by Glassless Minds members:
Handmade jewelry designs and vintage resale pieces will also be on display, and for sale, from Moons Like Suns .
Although The Propagandist considers themselves a Town Hall, they still serve craft cocktails and other such adult refreshments so this event is 21 and over.
There's no charge at the door and complimentary wine and hors d'oeuvres will be served.
Image: "Dry", oil on canvas, by JUNK & PO
More like this:
- Twin Shadow and Wynn: free show downtown — Sept. 19, 2013
- Matthewdavid, Sixties Guns, Karaoke, and Joshua Brandon at Moustache Bar — June 21, 2013
- Festival de Musica & Arte Pacifico: the sights and sounds of Mexicali's underground — May 30, 2013
- Celebrate fresh, community fun Saturday at Go Local - Golden Hill at the Market — April 4, 2013
- Toe The Line at Planet Rooth Design Haus — Feb. 27, 2013