Matthew Lickona 11:49 p.m., Dec. 10
Get funky with The 1:1 Movement at Soda Bar
Fish Out of Water provides the music for event to benefit local grassroots organization focused on sustainability.
"We decided to do a benefit show because we, first and foremost, want our friends and supporters to have a good time," writes local sustainability-focused organization The 1:1 Movement via email.
Since their inception in 2012, The 1:1 Movement has reached around 1,668 students, and counting, through in-school bicycle-powered interactive presentations on sustainability.
Rock-funk-reggae-hip-hop fusion band Fish Out of Water, the night's main entertainment, will get the crowd's tail-feathers shakin'.
BOOM - a Southern California company that creates clothing, art, and audio products - have donated two sets of headphones for a raffle to be held that night, as well.
"We feel that through entertaining community events we'll be able to engage community members to continue the conversation on conservation," continues The 1:1 Movement.
"Sustainability is NOT only an environmental issue, but also one that affects our economy, our health and that of surrounding wildlife," they write on their website.
The 1:1 Movement is also known for their Straw Pledge, now twenty-four regional restaurants strong.
Doors open at 7 p.m., band is slated to take the stage at 8:30 p.m.
More like this:
- Media Arts Center's Carnival Fundraiser Thursday — June 11, 2013
- Project Donate supports charities by promoting local music — March 14, 2013
- Bluetech's Digiganic Dubs Bring Independent Media to Amazon — March 25, 2012
- Third Monthly Liquid Blue Occu-party at Soda Bar — Feb. 2, 2012
- Occupy San Diego Joins Veterans Day Parade, Holds Teach-ins — Nov. 10, 2011