Eva Knott 7:30 p.m., May 26
Live Arts Fest at White Box Theater: Righteous Exploits
Experimental performance theater with Margaret Noble, Justin Hudnall, and director Lisa Berger
On Saturday April 13, 2013, Righteous Exploits will premiere at the new White Box Theater (2590 Truxtun Road, Building 176) - an intimate, 135-seat venue that opened in May, 2012 at the Liberty Station site of the San Diego Dance Theatre.
From the press release:
"Righteous Exploits is the 100 year-long true story of a family rising out of and returning to poverty over the course of 3 generations. Dust Bowl-era activist heroine Helen Hosmer fought against the exploitation of agrarian workers in the face of persecution by McCarthy's FBI, but her own family's dissolution undermined the very ideals she championed.
“Told through a combination of live audio/visual multimedia, monologue, and performance art, Margaret Noble and Justin Hudnall pull audiences through a time warp of cultural mishaps that reveal just how dirty the good fight can get when morality competes with survival, and civic duty undermines family.”
The production is part of White Box’s first annual Live Arts Fest, 13 evenings of (April 5-21) performances including dance, puppetry, theater, music, light installations, and more.
Tickets: $15 presale, $20 at the door.
More like this:
- Righteous Exploits slated for August open and September run — July 24, 2013
- Best San Diego Events: December 27-January 2 — Dec. 26, 2012
- Closing ceremony for Far East Project — Nov. 25, 2012
- San Diego Veteran Writers Take The Stage With Tim O’Brien — April 24, 2012
- Greenroom: Alternate Endings - VAMP: Act Your Age — June 29, 2011