Walter Mencken 11 a.m., Nov. 27
A special event for runners ages 12 and under in Carlsbad.
Saturday the 6th at 7:30 a.m. is the start of the Junior Carlsbad. This is a running event for kids 12 and under. The youngest age is five.
The event begins with the 12-year-olds, then the 11-year-olds, followed by the 10-year-olds and so forth. Ages 12 through seven run one mile while the five and six-year-olds run half a mile.
Four-year-olds run a quarter mile while the two and three-year-olds participate in the toddler trot and diaper dash of 25 or 50 yards.
The event does have an expo which is located in the Village of Carlsbad on Roosevelt St.
More like this:
- Rain Check — April 6, 2012
- Anthropomorphic Yidlach? Only at This Year's San Diego Jewish Film Festival! — Jan. 11, 2012
- This Week in Sports - 100 Years Ago, Part Two — Jan. 7, 2012
- Water Weather, Child Labor — July 29, 2009
- Around Town New Year's Day — Dec. 28, 2006