Ian Anderson 3 p.m., April 23
ACT 2013 supports autism care and treatement
A 5 and 10K event to support autism care for military families.
ACT Today (Autism Care and Treatment for military families) is holding a 5K and 10K at East Mission Bay Park and Fiesta Island on Saturday the 6th at 7:30 a.m.
Both the 5K and 10K courses start and finish near the entrance to Fiesta Island. The 5K course makes a small half loop of the island while the 10K makes a full trip around.
There are some big time sponsors for the event such as Southwest Airlines, Stone Brewery, Wells Fargo, Ralphs, and Sports Authority. Participants will receive a complimentary sub from Jersey Mike’s and those over 21 get a beer from Stone as well.
The event has a goal of raising $125,000 and is currently at the $71,000. There is day-of-race registration.
More like this:
- Kid-friendly runs through mud and foam and for yogurt — April 6, 2016
- All American Hero Run — Aug. 29, 2013
- MCAS Miramar flight line run — Jan. 11, 2013
- Rapid 10K — Dec. 14, 2012
- Autism at the Eye of the Storm — Sept. 10, 2008