Dorian Hargrove 3:30 p.m., April 29
Finger Painting Friday for kids
On Friday, September 28, The New Children's Museum (200 West Island Ave) invites children to finger paint at Finger Painting Friday: Rainbow Show from 10:30 a.m. to noon. "We empower our visitors and members to think, play and create through participatory exhibitions, engaging art-making activities, captivating artistic performances, and in-depth educational opportunities," states the Museum site. The event is free-$10.
The Museum is also currently exhibiting Trash in which 12 international artists "engaged trash as materials or issues for many reasons, including concern about the environment, the aesthetic appeal of the materials, and trash as a source of cheap and readily available materials."
More like this:
- The Cali-Baja art scene — Feb. 3, 2016
- "Feast" to debut at New Children's Museum in the fall — July 2, 2013
- Strike-meister Bill Traylor — April 24, 2013
- Cardboard lounging — Nov. 15, 2012
- New Children's Museum free Sunday — Sept. 6, 2012