Don Bauder 10:30 a.m., Jan. 26
I used to spend a lot of time at Lestat’s in Normal Heights due to its close proximity to my kids school, and because they have a table with Gregory Page’s face painted on it. I love him.
I stopped going when a creepy guy and his parrot became regulars. I don’t think parrots belong in coffee shop. I only like birds from a distance.
Yesterday I decided to check out the other Lestat’s in University Heights on Park Blvd. It was parrot free. On my way to my car I ran into both Ashton and Natilee.
I am amused that Ashton choose to wear leather pants in yesterday’s 90 degree heat. She is adorable.
Style Icons: Victoria Beckham and Ivanka Trump
Name: Natilee Riordan
Occupation: Bartender at the Lei Lounge
Favorite Wardrobe Piece: Her accessory collection
Natilee’s photo looks a bit like a glamour shot. I did not ask her to pose that way. When I walked past her she was standing just like that, minus the hand on her hip, in the doorway of her apartment complex chatting with a friend. It was almost a movie moment.
More like this:
- Mission Valley mall rats: don't dress like Bill Cosby — Nov. 20, 2012
- Street Style, University Heights: The Urban Cowboy — Oct. 25, 2012
- Street Style: Rosarito — Sept. 27, 2012
- South Park Street Style: Dress Lust — Sept. 21, 2012
- El Cajon Street Style Revisited: Labels — Sept. 14, 2012