Sophia Zaller 3:30 p.m., Aug. 31
When I pulled into the parking lot of the Goodwill in Santee, every spot was taken. A woman in a beat up Toyota Corolla nearly ran me off the road in an attempt to score a spot that a station wagon was backing out of. Once inside the store, I noticed it smelled like moth balls and arm pits. Maddie was the only non-geriatric person in the place. I found her rummaging through the dresses.
Name: Maddie Piffard
Occupation: Student at Grossmont College
Favorite wadrobe item: Her Gucci sunglasses
My first stop upon arriving in Santee was the Sonic Drive-in for tater-tots and a diet Pepsi (feel free to judge me on my unheatlhy food choices). I was there all of two minutes before spotting my first cowboy hat. Colt Day,his honest-to-God real name, was two cars over. He has a strong southern accent and a state of Texas decal on his rear window the size of an obese toddler. 23-year-old Colt told me that for a living he breaks horses up in Wild Cat Canyon. When my rollerskating waitress arrived with my food, I noticed she had a southern twang as well. She was born and raised in Santee.
More like this:
- Street Style Encinitas: UGG Boots are Tragic — Nov. 7, 2012
- El Cajon Street Style Revisited: Labels — Sept. 14, 2012
- Street Style El Cajon: Face Tattoos, Motorcycles, and Comic Books — Sept. 7, 2012
- Street Style: Balboa Park Revisited — Sept. 7, 2012
- Omygosh it's Ogawashi: But is it eats or art? — Sept. 7, 2012