5 p.m., Aug. 25
Last night we saw The Imposter, the docudrama about Frédéric Bourdin, a missing boy, and the Barclay family of San Antonio, Texas. The trailer is quite amazing, dark, and suspenseful, but the film itself though fluid is very slow. It's like watching a true crimes documentary on cable, but better quality and minus the host voiceover (though voiceover is used). At any rate, there are movies for every mood.
Tonight, Hillcrest Landmark Theatre (3965 Fifth Ave) will feature Robot & Frank, The Intouchables, Killer Joe, The Imposter, and 2 Days in New York. Admission is $8.50-10.50. See the site for showtimes.
More like this:
- New releases opening this week: Star Trek Into Darkness, The Iceman — May 17, 2013
- Bloody Disgusting Selects brings Blood Runs Cold to the Gaslamp — March 15, 2013
- Film critic Beth Accomando hosts Park Chan-Wook retrospective at Reading Town Square — March 8, 2013
- Opening this week — Oct. 26, 2012
- San Diego Music Thing — Sept. 12, 2012