Don Bauder 4:30 p.m., Feb. 11
Spooky houses: University Heights
Happy Halloween, people!
It's Halloween! This ends my three-part post on spooky houses in the neighborhood. We've seen giant spiders, thick cobwebs, ghouls, numerous Grim Reapers, gravestones, and pumpkins. I went through University Heights today.
A half-decayed pumpkin head straw man. Anything standing and human-size is sure to cause trick-or-treaters a little trepidation.
I saw this huge smorgasbord of Halloween decor mashed up together. Vultures, screeching black cat, cobweb and spider, graves, ghosts, and more.
These next two photos are of a house in Normal Heights. This is a haunted house-grade fresh zombie burial.
But what about this? I realize it's kind of difficult to see with the shade, but there's a human-size man in a suit hanging from a tree. His head is bagged in a black bag. This goes a little beyond disturbing, no? Spooky or distasteful? What do you think?
More like this:
- Last-minute San Diego Halloween costumes — Oct. 31, 2012
- Spooky houses: Adams North — Oct. 30, 2012
- Spooky houses: Normal Heights — Oct. 28, 2012
- Snapshots of Chicali — Oct. 24, 2012
- Comic Fest on Hotel Circle, Day Three: Photo Report — Oct. 21, 2012