Edna St. Vincent Millay 9 p.m., Dec. 24
San Diego Asian Film Festival
San Diego Asian Film Festival screens 60+ films Nov 1-9
The San Diego Asian Film Festival opens on Thursday, November 1 at 7 p.m. with a screening of Don't Stop Believin', a documentary about Filipino singer Arnel Pineda replacing Journey's singer Steve Perry. A party will follow the film at North Park Birch Theatre (2891 University Ave).
Over 60 films of all genres will screen at theatres around San Diego. 10+10 celebrates Taiwanese cinema with work by 10 established directors and 10 emerging voices. The series of films runs 115 minutes and will screen at the UCSD Atkinson Hall Auditorium at 4:30 p.m. on November 3 and at 8:35 p.m. on November 5 at UltraStar Mission Valley.
Dancing Queen trailer (Korea):
In Children of Srikandi, "queer Indonesian women redefine their identities through shadow puppets and performance" (UltraStar Mission Valley; November 5 at 4:00 p.m.) and in Dead Bite, a Thai hip-hop group fights mermaid-eating zombies in bikinis (UltraStar Mission Valley; November 8 at 10:00 p.m.).
11 Flowers (China):
More like this:
- SDAFF adds encore screenings — Nov. 6, 2012
- San Diego Film Festival — Sept. 29, 2012
- Storm Month IMAX films — Sept. 9, 2012
- SDLFF Wraps "Jewish Latino Film Series" and Puts Out Call for Festival Entries — July 10, 2012
- SD Asian Film Festival Screens Wang Quan'an's Apart Together — Feb. 2, 2012