Ian Anderson 5 p.m., March 23
Miss Holiday’s House of Horrors Show
Neo-burlesk antics at the Ruby Room tonight.
It’s Halloween season, and that means the days are shortening, leaves are changing, and mysterious autumn scents are rich on the Santa Ana breeze.
While all of East County murmurs homespun prayers for clemency from the fire gods, city folk have already begun to take advantage of the one time of year when it is acceptable – nay, mandatory! – to comport oneself as a belligerent post-mortem harlot for a week or two nonstop.
So don that slutty bumblebee costume and head over to the Ruby Room (Hillcrest), where you can paint yourself red with $5 specialty dranks ‘til 9 p.m. at the Ryan Roots Cocktale Club followed by a neo-burlesk performance by the House of Pink BoomBox.
Miss Holiday’s House of Horrors Show will feature variety dance acts, fire, hooping, a daring feat of escape by the mentally ill, folk tunes of murder, power tools, yours truly in a modern twist on a classic Monty Python skit, and music by Amigo the Devil and DJ ManCat.
Show starts at 10 - $10 at the door.
More like this:
- Exotic Erotic Burlesk at Mama Tam's — Feb. 18, 2012
- Post-apocalyptic Romance at Ruby Room - Tonight — Feb. 11, 2012
- Drinking. Drawing. Space Babes. — Jan. 14, 2012
- Green Flash Beer Week Kick Off at the Ruby Room — Nov. 3, 2011
- Seedy Soiree: Monster Mash Klassy BurlesK at Ruby Room Tonight — Oct. 28, 2011