Dorian Hargrove 12:30 p.m., Feb. 21
It takes a very specific body build to pull off mom jeans. For the love of God, if you are over thirty please do not attempt to rock a high-waisted jean. It will look ridiculous.
It's a mystery to me why anyone would want their crotch to look that long. On 21-year-old Tabatha Rood, these jeans almost work because she isn’t curvy. Curvy girls need to step away from the mom jeans.
Tabatha is a recent college graduate. She volunteers at the zoo and works as a cocktail waitress while applying to grad schools. She is a fan of all things vintage.
I spotted 23-year-old Lauren Tinsley at Urban outfitters in PB. I’m not sure how I feel about her sloppy grunge look. I am a fan of her adorable Granny boots and socks. She purchased them in Paris. I wish she had paired her shoes with a feminine dress. Lauren loves preppy inspired clothing.
More like this:
- Street Style, Fashion Valley: It's all about the details — Dec. 31, 2012
- San Diego Street Style: Best of 2012 — Dec. 26, 2012
- Street Style, worst trends of 2012: mom jeans and mullet dresses — Dec. 25, 2012
- Style profile: Golden Hill — Nov. 14, 2012
- Street Style, Golden Hill — Oct. 26, 2012