Dave Rice 7:30 p.m., Jan. 26
Russell Maliphant Dance Company
The Russell Maliphant Dance Company will perform at UC-San Diego's Mandeville Auditorium (9500 Gillman Dr) on Thursday, October 11 at 8:00 p.m. The event, titled Afterlight, is a "gorgeously intimate reflection of the dark side of one of ballet’s greatest superstars, Vaslav Nijinsky. Confined during his later years for schizophrenia, Nijinsky’s drawings during that time are Maliphant’s inspiration for his deeply touching choreography."
Maliphant's work "is characterized by his unique approach to flow and energy as well as an ongoing exploration between movement, light, and music." Tickets cost $11-46.
More like this:
- Dept. of Final Bows: Jonathan Winters and Orson Welles — July 31, 2013
- Wiz Khalifa to perform at UCSD — Nov. 5, 2012
- Fink@ UCSD — Sept. 22, 2012
- All My Friends: from Tijuana to Brooklyn — Sept. 18, 2012
- Ocean Beats: Michal Menert (Pretty Lights), Govinda, SuperDre — Sept. 14, 2012