Laura Dvorak 5:47 p.m., Dec. 6
The Russell Maliphant Dance Company will perform at UC-San Diego's Mandeville Auditorium (9500 Gillman Dr) on Thursday, October 11 at 8:00 p.m. The event, titled Afterlight, is a "gorgeously intimate reflection of the dark side of one of ballet’s greatest superstars, Vaslav Nijinsky. Confined during his later years for schizophrenia, Nijinsky’s drawings during that time are Maliphant’s inspiration for his deeply touching choreography."
Maliphant's work "is characterized by his unique approach to flow and energy as well as an ongoing exploration between movement, light, and music." Tickets cost $11-46.
More like this:
- Skirmish over security contracts at Qualcomm Stadium — Feb. 8, 2013
- Top San Diego Events: January 31-February 6 — Jan. 29, 2013
- Like Uncle, Like Nephew. Bob Filner's nephew follows in his footsteps. — Dec. 18, 2012
- Wiz Khalifa to perform at UCSD — Nov. 5, 2012
- Fink@ UCSD — Sept. 22, 2012