Ian Anderson 5 p.m., Sept. 30
The Space Between
The Space Between is the theme of the upcoming TEDxWomen at the Institute of the Americas on UCSD's campus (10111 North Torrey Pines Rd). The Space Between runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, December 2.
Jennifer Rodriguez, a TEDxWomen organizer, told me that this powerful conference will feature topics related to women with emphasis on "the space between: Poverty and Plenty, Fact and Faith, IQ and EQ, the Mirror, Endings and Beginnings and The Rising from Darkness to Light." In Fact and Faith, speakers delve into the the mysterious gap and tension between what we know and what we believe.
"We have the most extraordinary women, from the chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, to a spiritual leader and mandala master," Rodgriguez added.
More like this:
- Go Bob Go!!! Don't resign Filner! We the people need you now more than ever! — July 16, 2013
- When Kids Go To Prison, plus 100 Rockin' Lawsuits — July 30, 2008
- 25 to Life: In Prison Since She Was 15, plus I Fought the Law: 100 Local Music Lawsuits & Busts — June 13, 2008
- Baptist General Conference — Sept. 7, 2006
- We Had Enthusiasm, We Had Passion, We Had Hair — May 2, 1996