Scott Marks noon, March 28
Street Style, Chula Vista: Same boots, $100 price difference
Can you spot the knock-offs?
I ran into Nohemi Hernandez and Karla Renfro at Otay Ranch Town Center on Monday afternoon. Both women are wearing identical boots in different colors. Can you guess which ones are the knock-offs? I couldn't.
Bargain shopper, Nohemi, is a 19-year-old photographer. She is wearing an Ann Taylor shirt, a Target skirt, and vintage gold earrings. Nohemi's favorite store is Forever 21.
"Right now my favorite thing is red lips. It makes everything pop. You can wear jeans and a t-shirt and look like you spent hours getting ready if you put on red lipstick," she tells me.
26-year-old Karla is a fan of basics.
"My dress, jacket and scarf are all from Ann Taylor. Their stuff is classic and their pieces last. My jacket is three years old and it's still in."
Karla works at Eastlake Church. Her fashion pet peeve is uncomfortable clothing.
"If you’re not comfortable, why wear it?"
Her current favorite wardrobe item is a statement necklace
"It makes a boring outfit funky."
Karla's favorite store is Francesca’s in Otay Ranch Town Center.
More like this:
- Street Style: Military inspired fashion — Jan. 24, 2013
- Street Style PB: Grunge with a modern twist — Dec. 19, 2012
- Mission Valley mall rats: don't dress like Bill Cosby — Nov. 20, 2012
- Style profile: Golden Hill — Nov. 14, 2012
- Street Style Encinitas: UGG Boots are Tragic — Nov. 7, 2012