Matthew Lickona 12:45 p.m., Dec. 11
Thee Electric Ballroom: rock and roll and art at El Dorado
Garage surf rockers The Short Eyes kick off rock and roll art monthly
Self-proclaimed “dirt pop” band The Short Eyes will be inaugurating a new art/music monthly to be held every last Thursday at El Dorado.
“The vibe is meant to be an art show that's a bit rough around the edges, a definite rock and roll atmosphere,” writes Short Eyes singer Sean Sanders.
Thee Electric Ballroom debuts on Thursday November 29 (9 p.m. – 21+) with performances by The Short Eyes, babe-fronted minimal blues rockers Dirty Sirens (featuring Mike Delgado of Shark Attack and Farrows on bass), DJ Gringo, and others spinning “scuzz rock,” 60's garage, punk, surf, psychedelic, R&B, and ska.
Featured artists: Adam Moyes, Bleu Avina, Bobbi Koller, Peter Delgado, and Stephen Harris
Featured local designer: Bujwah Strangers (Matthew Zavala)
More like this:
- Festival de Musica & Arte Pacifico: the sights and sounds of Mexicali's underground — May 30, 2013
- Moon Block Party: JJUUJJUU, Blackfeet Braves, Wild Wild Wets, and Barbarian. — April 30, 2013
- New Year's Eve Enchantment Under the Sea Dance at El Dorado — Dec. 27, 2012
- Wild Wild Wets: a party psychedelic rock band — Oct. 9, 2012
- DUDES Release Swag-Rock #Rarities — April 23, 2012