Walter Mencken 2:37 p.m., March 1
Summer Book Group
Jump start your summer reading with Writers Read Book Group. On Sunday, June 24 from 3 to 5 p.m., non-profit organization San Diego Writers, Ink hosts Writers Read Book Group, a monthly gathering of readers of all levels. At the upcoming session, participants will discuss The Forty Rules of Love by Elif Shafak. All attendees are encouraged to share insights, interpretations, and questions with the group.
Writers Read Book Group creates an inclusive and supportive environment for literary discussion. According to SDWI, "One of the reasons our group has been so successful over the last four years is the wide variety of books our diverse group of discussion leaders have chosen (not to mention the good food)."
The Ink Spot (210 13th St) downtown is easily accessible with lots of street parking. The loft itself provides comfortable seating and is decorated with artwork and photography by local artists. SDWI asks that participants pay $5 at the door.
More like this:
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz V: What is hidden in the snow, comes forth in the thaw — Dec. 27, 2012
- The Title or Trailer Game IV: Catch it! — Dec. 27, 2012
- Fall writing conference part 2 — Sept. 25, 2012
- Young Adult Fiction Writing — July 10, 2012
- Blazing Laptops — May 19, 2012