Walter Mencken 11 a.m., Nov. 27
East Village Grassroots Art Space Kickstarts Expansions
The sum will fund the gallery for the next year with $6,000 going toward shipping costs and artist honorariums and $2,000 going towards maintaining current exhibits and pending expansions.
Incentives to donate include t-shirts, mugs, tote bags, and original artworks.
Since its 2009 inception, Space 4 Art has been a creative hub for local artists, designers, and craftspeople in their 37 studio spaces.
The venue hosts exhibits regularly and has seen performances from groups including community-based thespians Circle Circle Dot Dot, local storytelling collective So Say We All, and San Francisco dirty talespinners Bawdy Storytelling.
More like this:
- Kickstarting in San Diego for November — Dec. 3, 2013
- Sensori Collective: a member-supported community center for beatmakers — May 20, 2013
- Sleeping People Hit Snooze in Odd Time — Aug. 4, 2012
- Cathedral X Lauches Kickstarter Campaign, Chairs Missing Releases 7-inch Vinyl — Oct. 27, 2011
- Art Around Adams — May 29, 2011