Jay Allen Sanford 8 p.m., May 25
Blood N' Guts
So Say We All, a non-profit arts organization, believes that “self-expression is the new entertainment” and works to connect local artists with local audiences. At the end of May VAMP (visual art, music, performance) returns with a newly themed show, “Blood N’ Guts”: “To quote Star Trek TNG, we’re all just 'ugly bags of mostly water.' Every so often, something really bad happens to us bags, and what comes out, well, that’s how you know you’re alive.”
Artists will take the stage at Whistle Stop (2236 Fern St) and entertain audiences with stories, songs, and performances inspired by anatomical trauma. Past shows have proven to be cringe-worthy and inappropriately hilarious, so leave the kids at home.
Join the San Diego literati and support local writers and artists. The show begins at 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 31 and a $5 donation is suggested at the door.
Submit your own writing, art, or music by June 14 for the next themed show, “The Open Road."
More like this:
- No more Rock ‘N’ Roll Comics reprint editions from Bluewater Productions — March 23, 2013
- Publishing 101 workshop — Dec. 9, 2012
- Comic Fest on Hotel Circle, Day Three: Photo Report — Oct. 21, 2012
- Comic Fest on Hotel Circle, Day Two: Photo Report — Oct. 21, 2012
- Greenroom Writers Workshop — Oct. 14, 2012