Garrett Harris 8 p.m., Sept. 16
Dreamscapes May Seem Existential
“We feel that every artist not only dreams, but his/her reality is projected in a very unique manner where thoughts become physical energy,” says artist Brittany Dumas, who is curating the eclectic Dreamscapes art show (which may become a monthly installation) at the Kava Gallery with friend Megan Greene.
“The sub-line to our event is, ‘You are the universe experiencing itself, right now.’ At its core, this line is relevant to not only artists and their pursuit of expressionism, but humans in general because we universally exist together as we attempt to make sense of this world and our corresponding personal realities/manifestations. It seems rather existential, but then again, so is the essence of art.”
The mixed-media exhibit will host the sounds of these forward-thinking San Diego beatscape artists in the adjacent Kava Lounge:
CutMod (with live visuals)
“My personal favorite facet to Dreamscapes is knowing that the artists participating are entirely local,” says Dumas. “This is a show for San Diego, by San Diego. It's also our way of saying cheers for what artists do and the impact they perpetuate.”
The local artist line-up includes:
And Brittany Dumas
Dreamscapes: An Art Collective
Friday, April 6
Kava Lounge - 2812 Kettner Boulevard - Little Italy
$5 before 11 p.m., $10 after.
Doors open at 9 pm.
More like this:
- Eprom Returns to Kava — June 19, 2012
- Liquid Geometry Label Debut: Mastah Syphe Bullrider EP — April 20, 2012
- Liquid Geometry and Kill Quanti Represent San Diego on International Beat Compilation — April 2, 2012
- Liquid Geometry and ELEV8 Celebrate HM.T DM.T with Freddy Todd — Feb. 11, 2012
- Timewave Zero Promises a Novel New Years Eve — Dec. 21, 2011