Walter Mencken 11 a.m., Nov. 27
In January, I saw my brother's band Wild Moth play at I Promise, a benefit festival to keep Che Cafe Collective (9500 Gilman Dr), a student-run community space, afloat. Located on the UCSD campus, the cafe's aesthetic is entirely different from campus and most of La Jolla. When I went, the venue held about one hundred people, and true to Che Cafe's vision of running all-ages shows, kids as young as six were enjoying the punk line up.
On Sunday, June 24, Negative Approach, a Detroit-based hardcore punk band, Take Offense, Crime Desire, and Adult Crash play at Che Cafe. The show starts at 6:00 p.m. and tickets cost $15.
More like this:
- A gallery of 33 vintage posters from Hollywood's Golden Age of cartoons — June 12, 2013
- Comic Fest on Hotel Circle, Day Two: Photo Report — Oct. 21, 2012
- Comic Fest on Hotel Circle, Day One: Photo Report — Oct. 19, 2012
- Dissonance in the Desert - Batwings, Ed Schrader's Music Beat, XBXRX — July 28, 2012
- Can Taken 2 Possibly Top Taken in the Phone Call Department? — June 25, 2012