Brandon Hernández 9 a.m., Dec. 5
In January, I saw my brother's band Wild Moth play at I Promise, a benefit festival to keep Che Cafe Collective (9500 Gilman Dr), a student-run community space, afloat. Located on the UCSD campus, the cafe's aesthetic is entirely different from campus and most of La Jolla. When I went, the venue held about one hundred people, and true to Che Cafe's vision of running all-ages shows, kids as young as six were enjoying the punk line up.
On Sunday, June 24, Negative Approach, a Detroit-based hardcore punk band, Take Offense, Crime Desire, and Adult Crash play at Che Cafe. The show starts at 6:00 p.m. and tickets cost $15.
More like this:
- KSDT's Ancient Alien Jamboree at the Che Cafe — Jan. 9, 2013
- Dissonance in the Desert - Batwings, Ed Schrader's Music Beat, XBXRX — July 28, 2012
- Can Taken 2 Possibly Top Taken in the Phone Call Department? — June 25, 2012
- VAMP: The Open Road — June 14, 2012
- Indie Fertility: Five Local Bands to Listen To — June 5, 2012