Hasan ibn Yusuf, ‘Allama al-Hilli 5 p.m., April 23
Doggie Street Festival!
The 4th Annual Doggie Street Festival takes place this Sunday, June 10. The San Diego Humane Society & SPCA deemed the festival "the largest and best publicized adopter's event."
The festival presents speakers, pet professionals, vets, and also provides a platform for shelters, sanctuaries, and rescue groups. There will also be booths and tents offering pet products, doggie swim lessons, and other pet goods for sale. Human food, music, and goods will also be up for sale. Attendees can even bring their dogs out to meet and greet potential new members of the pack.
Doggie Street Festival, launched in 2009, is a "direct effort to help dogs find homes, increase public awareness surrounding responsible adoption options and decrease random overpopulation by encouraging conscientious pet guardianship, care and spay/neuter advantages." Last year, 130 dogs were adopted at the event.
Doggie Street Festival will begin at 9 a.m. and run until 4 p.m. at Robb Field (2525 Bacon St) in Ocean Beach.
More like this:
- Oceanside the next city to ban animal sales? — Sept. 17, 2013
- How hard is it to get rid of a rabbit? — March 20, 2013
- Live local jazz is going to the dogs on Friday, Dec. 7 — Dec. 5, 2012
- Get to Know Historical South Park — June 11, 2012
- Surf Dog Competition — June 8, 2012